the tip should be perpendicular from the way your thumb's pointing
and make short wrist movements, not arm
and , yea
sorry if it doesnt help
peace
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Practice. It was hard for me at first as well, but after a while you'll get it.
Many people play low E strings that aren't really a high enough gauge. Try increasing the thickness of the gauge.
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
idunno i use a .60 mm pick and i learned just fine. just practice like the people before me said.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
My picks are either 3.0mm Big Stubbies or 1.9mm Clayton Black Jazz. My string gauge is 11 to 49, so I doubt that's the problem.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I kind of anchor my palm against the lower strings when I pick lower ones... but obviously at the low E I've run out of strings. I can do it if I anchor the side of my thumb against the bridge though.

If I move my hand so that no part of it touches the guitar while picking, I can't pick worth shit anywhere. I got over anchoring my pinky on the pickguard, but now is resting the side of my palm against the strings another bad habit?
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Feb 19, 2007,
Brace the palm of your hand on the bridge... trust me.
Blag is God... Dwarves Army #1
PM to join...

#126 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

#1 hater of the "Led Zeppelin Sucks" Club.
Well are you using mainly your elbow or wrist? I have seen people tremolo pick both ways. I don't have a guitar in my hands so I can't tell you which way I do it. I know that I can go much faster on the low e string than any of the others...actually I can't even tremolo pick on the high e and b strings lol.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
i love big stubbies they are great for picking and you need to pick the correct way like the first guy said and lay the pick flat on the strings.
Quote by andy_thomas
That depends, when you look at a map is west left or right?

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.
Oh, and I do pick the correct way, as in how chickenfrmheck described it, and I use my wrist. Although, using my elbow helps with doing it on the low E string, but it makes it hard to transition from using my elbow to normal wrist picking. I guess I'll just rest my hand on the bridge for now.
It could also be the fact that, though you're holding it correctly, you could be having too much pick exposed. Try to have very little pick to use when tremolo picking. Less friction=faster, cleaner, and obviously smoother