okay, so i've been playing some songs that switch from clean to distorted or distorted to clean and i don't have any pedals or footswitches yet, so my question is what is best to use when switching back and forth between the two . i've never really learned much about that stuff so yea...i gotta start somewhere.. i guess ....
well switching from clean to distorted you use a pedal to do so..or a guy that presses your distortion button on your amp but thats never convenient so yeah get a pedal
pedal my friend!
Quote by andy_thomas
That depends, when you look at a map is west left or right?

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.
Have your friend stand next to your amp.
Or turn down the volume on your guitar.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
okay, well i know i'm not gonna switch between channels. but i wasn't sure about pedals and footswitches...so yeah.
you need a pedal unless your just practicing by yourself then just sit next to the amp and press the button...but u can get a boss ds1 for like 40 bucks
a lot of amps have a footswitch made for them that allows you to add distortion and also any onboard effects/reverb. Theres a good Marshall combo series that has clean/dist/and a small array of effects to get you started.
Quote by xshe
what exactly does a footswitch do then?

Switches between the Clean and Distorted channels.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
i just thought a pedal and footswitch did almost the same thing so thats why I was confused.
Quote by xshe
so a pedal is better than a footswitch?

Haha, well a footswitch is usually what people call a switch that changes something that your amp has built into it. A pedal is basically made by a company and you plug it into your amp and can switch between the amp without it and the amp with the pedal's effect or distortion.

Hope that helps.
Quote by xshe
so a pedal is better than a footswitch?

Pretty much. If you dont know h\of any channel switches for your amp a pedal is the only way to go.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Pretty much. If you dont know h\of any channel switches for your amp a pedal is the only way to go.

STFU EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

Unless ur amp came with a footswitch its probably not going to work.

Suck it up until u get a better amp or something. Unless ur giging and should probably get a better amp.

Dont waste money on a distortion pedal if u already have it.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Yea, anything that sends a signal will do for a cube.

I fashioned one out of a keyboard sustain pedal, it works like a charm.