I've been thinking of getting Ibanez RG350/370/321s lately,
The styles I like to play include
Satriani, Vai, Neil Zaza, Eric Johnson, buckethead. slash. I know that RG is usually good for metal and my interests are not really close to metal but people said RG could be very versatile so I wanted that extra flexibility.

Do you think Ibanez RG series is my type?
Thanks
RGs are very versatile. Its just that you oughta try it before proceeding to get it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by RGman
Yes, Ibanez is EVERYONES type...

I hate Ibanez guitars with a passion.

I don't like their necks and I don't like their favorite tonewood, which is basswood.

**** that shit. There are much nicer guitars around than Ibanez for the price.
IMO Ibanez guitars are crap, for pretty much the same reason listed above, plus they tend to have really shoddy electronics and trems. get a jackson if you want a "shred" guitar.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 19, 2007,
The very very thin neck (almost flat) are not for everyone, I stopped liking it after a month, but its still fine to play but the thing is bang for buck the RG321 really is good..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I hate their necks to be honest. I like my guitar necks how I like my girls- with a bit in them, but not so much I get cramp trying to reach around them!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
IMO Ibanez guitars are crap, for pretty much the same reason listed above, plus they tend to have really shoddy electronics and trems. get a jackson if you want a "shred" guitar.

Shoddy electrics and trems? So where did you find this Ibanez then? And how many pieces was it broken up into?

Where do you get that stupid idea from?
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

I don't like their necks and I don't like their favorite tonewood, which is basswood.

You're my hero.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
It's dependant on what kind of Ibanez you buy

RG321's are very nice for the price
Of course if you go for the Prestige line then your going to obviously get a much better guitar
Ibanez guitars are good guitars hands down. The rg 321 is an above entry level Ibanez. Most of these guys bad mouthing the guitars is only due to there imunity towards other brands. I always played fenders but I am switching to ibanez. the necks are super thin but give it a couple of days and wow....your running up and down that fret board with ease. Now the bridge of the 321......you get what you pay for and I know thats sucks huge!!!! But honestly your not going to get a rock solid bridge for $300. I used to own the other guitar that you posted(The SZ)....wow that guitar is great. Has a good tone and is alot more bulletproof than the 321. If you are looking for a tremolo I would suggest the RG350ex or dx. They are great for the price. It will do the job for sure....and it sounds surprisingly good.
well im not an ibanez man myself, but if you have extra cash, you might like to get an ibanez sz of some sort, seeing as theyre more versatile.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I'm rather fond of my PGM301 and I'm not a shredder...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Ibanez guitars can be pretty good, but I think most of the RG series look cheap and I HATE the thin neck. If you have medium to bigger hands, I recommend going with something like ESP or Jackson, Jacksons have somewhat thicker necks and ESPs are about halfway between a Gibson 50's neck and a Wizard II neck, the RG necks.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Thanks for the input guys
I was wondering what you guys think about the 350s and 370s. I can spend about $300-450. Seeing how 350EX/DX goes for 400, and 321 goes for 300, they're both in my price range, if 350 is worth that extra $100 I'd go for it. And also, I was leaning towards more of HSH Pickups but HH pickup guitars can be very versatile as well?

And I think I will like the thin neck since I don't have a big hand.
And also, would 22/24 fret make alot of difference? Is there songs that I can't play with out that extra 2 frets?

Let me know

Thanks!
Quote by RGman
Yes, Ibanez is EVERYONES type...

toatly unbaised
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Wait, Scratch RG350/370 off the list, I've read too many horror stories on their "trem".
I'm leaning more towards RG321 now, but they don't have trem, would this effect my playing style? When I see most of Steve Vai's songs, he uses the trem alot. Does that mean I can't cover any songs that requires trem with RG321s?

let me know

Thanks
What is the difference between 321 and 321MH?
And what price difference are there between the two?

Thanks
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

Amen to that. I had a js100 once, as soon as i could i sold the bugger for my gibson, a real guitar
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by ovvyiljs

Thanks

I don't think there is much, or even any most places. £10 at the most.
Quote by ovvyiljs

Thanks

Yes they have MUCH difference. The 321 is basswood and have PSND pickups while the 321MH is mahogany with INF Pickups. Both the models have different color/paintjob.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic