I just got a Kustom speaker, a KPC10M i guess, to run my rp250 through. I plugged it all in, and there's virtually no sound coming out of the speaker. Why is this? Also, how do i fix it? Do i need some kind of eq/mixer? if so, how much would this cost and does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks!
Josh
You need a power amplifier. That speaker is just like a cabinet for a guitar amp.

Take your pick Just keep it at about 80 watts.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/live/navigation/power-amps?N=100001+305334
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

thanks, I actually already have an amp though. but it messes with the sound of the rp250. I wanted to just run the rp unit through a speaker without an amp changing the tone. is that possible?
I assume you mean you have a guitar amp? A power amp won't change the tone. Does your guitar amp have an effects loop? If so, try running your setup like this: Guitar -> RP250 -> Effects loop return. This bypasses the preamp of your amplifier and gets rid of alot of the colouring.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster