So my band finnaly has a gig. It's at a theatre (where I work). There will be us and 3 other bands, that I have choosen, to play. I got them the spot. Now our drummer has decided to play with one of the other bands instead of us. Apparently he doesn't want to learn 2 sets of songs, which I understand. The f***ed up thing is he's jammed with us for about 6 months and he's never even jammed with the other band yet, they've just talked about it. And if that wasn't bad enough, our singer never shows up to practice anymore. It's been months. So I'm screwed. Any advice, comments, ideas, and suggestions are apprectiated.
get another band to play instead of you?
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
get another band to play instead of you?

But that defeats the purpose of my band playing. Not to mention the only other guys around play bluegrass s***, which doesn't go well with our style/audience. We live in a tiny hellhole, so there's not that many bands around.
Go acoustic, it's always fn
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Well, with however much time you have left, I guess you could try and find new people? if not, I guess you will have to wait til the next surprising gig comes around
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
I live in Washington, not DC right? I have no clue where south bend is though
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
My band's drummer just joined the band last month and we're gigging from February 28th in support of a new EP. If our drummer can learn all of our songs, record an EP with us and gig after a month, then you should have no problem.
well if you can't find a singer, then maybe one of you guys you have left should try out the singing.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
Hmm, I would if I lived closer, wait, I don't know what kind of musick you play, I can't really "sing" to well but I can growl and scream pretty good.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Hmm, I would if I lived closer, wait, I don't know what kind of musick you play, I can't really "sing" to well but I can growl and scream pretty good.

Ya man I don't know how well that would go to pink floyd and stuff like that. Where do you live though?
, yeah, I don't wanna disgrace that kind of music, with growling, but who knows, sub genre's erupt alot. I live in Spokane, but I lack transportation at the moment and the fact most venues don't allow me to play because I'm not 18 yet. The rest of my band is though, oh well, I went a bit off topic
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
, yeah, I don't wanna disgrace that kind of music, with growling, but who knows, sub genre's erupt alot. I live in Spokane, but I lack transportation at the moment and the fact most venues don't allow me to play because I'm not 18 yet. The rest of my band is though, oh well, I went a bit off topic

Ya, man, I ain't 18 either. The only person in the band who is is the drummer, and he's out. but they don't really care around here how old you are. But, ya, Spokane's a long ways away.
Eh I'm 16 singer/lead for my band. Main venus in Spokane (that play lots of metal) generally don't accept metal bands that aren't but they think they might make an exception.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Eh I'm 16 singer/lead for my band. Main venus in Spokane (that play lots of metal) generally don't accept metal bands that aren't but they think they might make an exception.

Ya, thats cool we're all 16 too, around here the only places to play are out at tournaments for the golf course, the theatre, and the Elks. We had a gig at the golf course last year but we had to pull out becouse some of our members quit. Now we finnally got new some new guys and now they're pulling out when we finnally get a gig.
Yeah, that sucks when members quit, especially what your drummer did, that was just a dick thing to do. When is the gig? You can probably find someone in time if you have a week or two.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

ya, we have time its not for about a month and a half. I think I can find another drummer. The singer's the hard part in a small town there is hardly anyone who can sing. I can only think of three people I know who can do it, and one's with another band, one won't do it becouse he's never in town, and the other is ours who won't come to practice.