Now, i dont know about you guys, but im pretty sick of all this rap trash taking over the charts. Its demeaning to all of us, and i am seriously wondering how this can be called music. Its great to see so many fellow guitarists and people with bands rocking out to try and bring great music back into the world. Anyways, i would love to hear from some other bands out there, with like a myspace or something we can talk on maybe, and just check each other out (in a non-sexual way) that'd be real awesome. Just some feedback on everything. successes, defeats, all of it. Rock on guys!!
yeah, I could say i'm pretty disgusted with all of this rap deal too. if you have a band you want me to check out, I'd be glad to do it
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
How about you get off your high horse and accept that different people like different kinds of music?
No, how about you deal with the fact that more people like rap than people like metal...Get used to it.

Edit : Or any other rock music for that matter
Meh cultural differences. I believe rap is music, I don't like it but people obviously do, and I don't want ****en idiots listeing tomy metal.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by Aidy Damage
How about you get off your high horse and accept that different people like different kinds of music?

couldnt agree more. i wonder do you guys realise that guys like john frusciante, flea, axl rose,bono and loads more actually all like the 'demeaning music' rap.to me ye sound so stupid
Quote by Aidy Damage

Never said they didn't.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of this rap-hating, pompous, ignorant wave of assholes not comprehending that other people have different tastes.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Aidy Damage

EXACTLY! Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it crap. You realise there are people who find metal to be rubbish because it's 'just noise'? does that make it true? no! Genre bashing is for losers. Even if rap is easier to insult, what with the silent c jokes and all
Wow, this turned into something weird. I don't think anyone in this thread said other people didn't have the right to like rap. They just simply said they were tired of rap being top in the charts. That's just their opinion, chill out.
lol yeah guys. i got nothing against rap. Cept that its taking over the charts and that id love to see more guitar and the like in it. I thought you would too..
Quote by alex57910
Now, i dont know about you guys, but im pretty sick of all this rap trash taking over the charts. Its demeaning to all of us, and i am seriously wondering how this can be called music. Its great to see so many fellow guitarists and people with bands rocking out to try and bring great music back into the world. Anyways, i would love to hear from some other bands out there, with like a myspace or something we can talk on maybe, and just check each other out (in a non-sexual way) that'd be real awesome. Just some feedback on everything. successes, defeats, all of it. Rock on guys!!

LOL! UR AN IDIOT

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music

Quote by Grundy0
The 60s now Those were the days!!

Pfft, get off the internet if you love the 60s so much, didn't have that then
Quote by Instrumetal
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of this rap-hating, pompous, ignorant wave of assholes not comprehending that other people have different tastes.

I completely agree.
Quote by alex57910
lol yeah guys. i got nothing against rap. Cept that its taking over the charts and that id love to see more guitar and the like in it. I thought you would too..

Bullshit. You called it trash.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Thats what I felt like 2 years ago when I was 13 and my mind was still immature, now I understand that other people have other music tastes other then mine, and I respect that.
So what if it's the top music now, it still doesn't stop you from listening to some led zeppelin or other rock stuff.

Get over it kid.
Quote by Grundy0
The 60s now Those were the days!!

Yeah, they didn't have the internet. That prevented idiots like you from spreading their opinion worldwide.
Quote by GiantRaven
LOL! UR AN IDIOT

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music

Pfft, get off the internet if you love the 60s so much, didn't have that then

Teh Raven just spared me writing a rant. YASS.
Terms and Conditions apply.
alot of it IS trash though and yes there is much of it that has true passion and creativity like K-os for example he's great but hes not reap really hes hip hop, which is different, but you get my point so what i think the threadstarter was getting at was that he is sick of the shitty style of rap that has taken over peoples minds and distorted what true music is in their minds. Everyone knows what kind of rap this is the kind with one drum beat in the back round probably the simplest beat you've ever heard always 4/4 timing and a guy in a mono tone voice singing about more money and shit like that i can't go into to too much detail because i don't listen to that crap people refer to as music
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by Shredder6
alot of it IS trash though and yes there is much of it that has true passion and creativity like K-os for example he's great but hes not reap really hes hip hop, which is different, but you get my point so what i think the threadstarter was getting at was that he is sick of the shitty style of rap that has taken over peoples minds and distorted what true music is in their minds. Everyone knows what kind of rap this is the kind with one drum beat in the back round probably the simplest beat you've ever heard always 4/4 timing and a guy in a mono tone voice singing about more money and shit like that i can't go into to too much detail because i don't listen to that crap people refer to as music

Yeah and there's a lot of shitty rock music. And metal. And folk. And pop. And classical. And R'n'B. And funk.

Every single genre of music has worthless shit. So that argument isn't going to work for you, my friend.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by GiantRaven
You can say that about every single genre of music...

So true.

I just said that.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Yeah and there's a lot of shitty rock music. And metal. And folk. And pop. And classical. And R'n'B. And funk.

Every single genre of music has worthless shit. So that argument isn't going to work for you, my friend.

no dude i totally agree with you every genre does have some shitty music to go with it except maybe classical and a few like that, but it seems 1/2 the time the shitty bands get all the recognition and threadstarter/me are sick of it but i suppose there is nothing i can do about it yet, untill my band is recording which is soon

and sorry threadstarter i don't have a myspace
Quote by GiantRaven
Shush

Bahahahaha!
Quote by Shredder6
no dude i totally agree with you every genre does have some shitty music to go with it except maybe classical and a few like that, but it seems 1/2 the time the shitty bands get all the recognition and threadstarter/me are sick of it but i suppose there is nothing i can do about it yet, untill my band is recording which is soon

and sorry threadstarter i don't have a myspace

No really. There is some bad classical music. Just because it's a highly respected genre doesn't mean it's exempt from shittiness.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Bahahahaha!

No really. There is some bad classical music. Just because it's a highly respected genre doesn't mean it's exempt from shittiness.

well i for 1 haven't heard any bad classical music but please don't try to show me some because i dont want to listen to it if its bad :p
Quote by Shredder6
well i for 1 haven't heard any bad classical music but please don't try to show me some because i dont want to listen to it if its bad :p

O.K.
Quote by shattamakar