Morning all, ive had my Ibanez RG321M for about 9 months now and ive just decided to pick it up and start learning stuff again.

Unfortunately i get S.A.D. quite bad and pretty much lose the will the live in the winter months - hence me not using it for a number of months.

Ive just decided to change the pickups cause i thing the stock ones are rather poor. Ordered myself a matching set of Swineshead Venoms which should make the guitar more to my liking.

Ive been told to remove all strings for when i replace the pickups - but i thought that this would damage the neck?

Arent you only supposed to remove one string at a time when changing strings? So it it safe or should i take it somewhere for the pro's to do?

Anyone recommend some good strings as well? Im still using the ones that came fitted to the guitar and theyre getting a bit worn out.

Thanks

Adam
Shouldn't damage the neck unless left for an extensive time, then you might get warping occuring.

Use Ernie Ball, most popular strings for good reason, personal taste as to which set though.
Exlier strings are quiet good i love elxiers um yea you could prob take off the strings wont' do much harm jsut dont' do it for a long time like what ive done but meh i my other guitar
... A little bit unoriginal but I like D'Addarios

I think most Ibanez RG guitars come with D'Addario .009's on the from the shelf
(I'm not 100% sure though)

Edit:

Aren't RG321's Hardtail/Stringthrough guitars ?
If so then you don't have to change the one at a time like you would a FR equipped guitar
Last edited by Slash_metal at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Slash_metal

Aren't RG321's Hardtail guitars ?
If so then you don't have to change the one at a time like you would a FR equipped guitar

Also, if that's the case, don't panic when the bridge/tairlpiece fall off. That's normal.