so iv realised i need to start learning scales and stuff

so iv looked it up

what am i spose to do. memorize that?

how does it help improv. and stuff

please help
i've memorized a bunch of scales and basically if you play the notes of the scale in different orders as you advance up and down the fretboard and strings, the notes sound better together than just a random series of notes

now it does and doesn't help improv, that's half you, you decide what fret to pick next but it kinda gives you suggestions , just stick with a scale till you decide to change directions or pause and then you can do the same scale different or do a different one

but vary the order in which you pick , the patterns.
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
when i do it, i just memorise the notes, and work out where they go myself.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by seabass324
i've memorized a bunch of scales and basically if you play the notes of the scale in different orders as you advance up and down the fretboard and strings, the notes sound better together than just a random series of notes

now it does and doesn't help improv, that's half you, you decide what fret to pick next but it kinda gives you suggestions , just stick with a scale till you decide to change directions or pause and then you can do the same scale different or do a different one

but vary the order in which you pick , the patterns.

Exactly. Play these scales over until you have them down in your memory and can transition between them fluently and confidently. Improvisation comes next but that's all reliant on your own creative talents.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Well, you got the fancy C-Major scale. It's actually much simpler:

E------------------|
B------------0-1---|
G--------0-2-------|
D--0-2-3-----------|
A-3----------------|
E------------------|

Scales are usually pretty easy. C Major especially. Im sure you know this but if not, you see how it starts on a C and ends on a C? You're just going every natural note between the octave. Peace out.
Schecter Hellraiser
-Abalone border
-Gothic cross inlays
-Orgasm.