Frets on Fire Is an awesome PC game which is basically guitar hero. You can download Torrent packs of the guitar hero I & II songs to get many more songs than what it comes with. You can add your own songs and put in the notes in the song editor.

Great game, the forums for this game holds many cool visual mods, help and guidance, and custom songs that arent in the packs.

Usually there is 3 difficulty settings, Easy/Medium/Hard (sometimes extra one on custom created song tracks - Supaeasy).

Enjoy!
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Wow! I have to get this. I'll post back later telling what I think of it, I'm downloading it now and am gonna play it.
I suppose this could be constude as advertising, but it looks pretty cool. How well does it actually work. What i mean by that is how alike is hitting buttons on the keyboard to hitting frets on the guitar?
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Quote by Aussie Ghost
I suppose this could be constude as advertising, but it looks pretty cool. How well does it actually work. What i mean by that is how alike is hitting buttons on the keyboard to hitting frets on the guitar?

Each fret (there is 5) has a selected key. At the start it is F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5. But I changed mine. Eter is your pick button. So when it gets to the note, you press enter and the correct fret at the same time.
Quote by AdamDK
Each fret (there is 5) has a selected key. At the start it is F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5. But I changed mine. Eter is your pick button. So when it gets to the note, you press enter and the correct fret at the same time.

Ahh i see now. Looking at screen shots it looks soo similar to guitar hero its amuzing.

How do you download packs of songs?

EDIT: ^ God i wish i had a faster dl speed. Im just over 50% and your done..... fucken smart arse son of a bitch
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein

Quote by CowboyUp

Last edited by Aussie Ghost at Feb 19, 2007,
Too bored to waste time when i can play the real thing.... Thanks anyways, yet i hope mods don't kick you out.
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Downloading.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
At the risk of sounding like a computer n00b, wtf is OGG format and how do i get it???
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein

Quote by CowboyUp

I use an audio converting tool, easier. OGG is just another audio format like MP3. I didnt see it as advertising, i just thought to mention it because its cool. Its free so no-one makes any profit. I just downloaded a mod zip that makes the whole thing look basically like GH2 (bar moving background scenes of live show), the buttons are GH style and the notes are cool too :-)

Quote by Miggy01
How the hell do I get those guitar hero songs on the RF-Mod?
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
I've heard of it before, but never looked to get it. I'll download it now and see what I think.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
That is SOO 2006.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I don't appreciate being told I suck when I haven't even started yet.
My computer is too slow to run it, oh well. No big loss.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
How the hell do I get those guitar hero songs on the RF-Mod?

Yep, still looking for an answer... Anybody?
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Yep, still looking for an answer... Anybody?

yea i dont know how to get any new songs at all
Quote by hippieboy444
[T]ANK I hate your sig

If you create an account on the forums you can download .zips or .rars of songs, put them into the /data/songs directory (the folders of the songs) then you can play them from the game. http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=5 thats the link to the thread but i think you must be logged in.

OR you can download a torrent of all the songs available..
http://torrentportal.com/details/809424/guitar+hero+2+songs.torrent

Quote by Miggy01