The best intro's you've heard...different from the best intro riff thread

( I wasn't really sure where to put this thread...sorry if it isn't supposed to be here)

Hey...What according to you are the best (can be as many as you want) intros if you're looking for:

1. Tapping
2. Harmonics
3. Shredding
4. Extremely Complex Riff
5. Heavy Sound
Citizen Erased by Muse owns for harmonics. It's not hard but sounds really cool.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
I think I Just Got This Symphony Goin' By Fall Of Troy is some of the best tapping i've heard...not modern rock but still pretty damn good..
The Scorpions have some of the craziest intro's I have ever heard. Sails of Charon - the Scorpions.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Black Label Society. summat like 'suicide messiah' or 'been a long time'
Black Sabbath - War Pigs

and also Ace of Spades because you know it's about to get wild
Johnny B Goode, enough said.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
atreyu - bleeding mascara

+1 for the fall of troy reference
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by malmsteenfreak
( I wasn't really sure where to put this thread...sorry if it isn't supposed to be here)

Hey...What according to you are the best (can be as many as you want) intros if you're looking for:

1. Tapping
2. Harmonics
3. Shredding
4. Extremely Complex Riff
5. Heavy Sound

1. Get the hell out of here - Steve Vai
2. Sanitarium - Metallica
3. Where my fortune lies - Cacophony
4. Baby one more time - Britney Spears
5. Here comes the pain - Slayer
I really like the intro to Cassandra Geminni by The Mars Volta. Cedric sounds like a nutbag on crack. Such agony in his voice. Leads into a fucking epic song!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
1. Hot for Teacher by Van Halen
2. Tornado of Sould by Megadeth
3. Jowls by Buckethead
4. Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker
5. Destroyer by Buckethead
Dickless.
Unholy Confessions-Avenged Sevenfold

heavy but simple riff!!!!!!!
go Zacky V!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
1. Building the church - Steve Vai
2. quite a bit of Tommy Emmanuel stuff, can't place any atm
3. Get out of my yard - Paul Gilbert
4. Necrphagist. any of it.
5. Pandemonic Hyperblast - Anaal Nakthrah (even though I don't know how to spell the bands name)
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I hate to say it as I despise Funeral for a Friend, but the intro to "Roses for the Dead" has a really cool two handed tapping riff, it's pretty easy and fun to play.

And Megadeth's Tornado of Souls intro is great for harmonics, and the second riff in that song could is pretty complex, so it could come under both of those catogories.

Heavy sound try pretty much anything by Slayer.
spill the blood by slayer. the way they utilize the slow attack is amazing plus ti has a pretty kickin clean tone
Sweet Child O Mine is pretty sweet, but it doesn't fit into any of your categories.
METALLICA.
If you want all that watch The four seasons, preformed by Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala on youtube.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by malmsteenfreak
I think I Just Got This Symphony Goin' By Fall Of Troy is some of the best tapping i've heard...not modern rock but still pretty damn good..

Oh yea, the intro that's ALL tapping? I've heard that. It does sound pretty kickass.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Guitarplaya27
Unholy Confessions-Avenged Sevenfold

heavy but simple riff!!!!!!!
go Zacky V!

if youre gonna say a7x then you should say eternal rest because it owns unholy confessions
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Yeah the intro of I Just Got This Symphony Goin' is all tapping. Learnt it today . Roofies by Indexcase has a really good heavy intro...good song aswell..
Last edited by malmsteenfreak at Feb 20, 2007,
Well, first of all, I think your listing for types of intros is a bit biased towards heavy metal music, so I'll just list some of them.

Shredding: Fire and Ice- Yngwie Malmsteen
Hammer on's/Hammer offs: Thunderstruck- AC/DC
Drum Intro: When the Levee Breaks- Led Zeppelin
Organ Intro: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida- Iron Butterfly
Bass Intro: Dazed and Confused- Led Zeppelin
Simple notes: Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash
Overall Intro: War Pigs- Black Sabbath
Voice Intro: Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
Acoustic: Father and Son- Cat Stevens
Hard Rock Heavy: Bulls on Parade- Rage Against the Machine
Piano: Brick- Ben Folds Five

As you can see there's a ton of categories for intros that are great in their own right. Of course my tastes in music varies so much that it's hard to pick favorites, so there ya go.