okay, i put a locking strap on my guitar ages ago now, but the screw that goes into the guitars body has start to come loose and wobbily, and last week it came out when i was playing standing up. So the whole point of locking straps is this not to happen.
its like the hole has made itself too big for the screw to fit in
does anyone know how i could fix this? will i have to use a bigger screw??
Cheers
SaM
Shove in a tooth pick, break it off, put a small amount of wood glue and and screw it back in.
I have a semi and I'm going to put strap locks on soon, what on Earth can I do if I get this problem?
^pretty much the same. The screws will screw into a solid block of wood, its not just through a thin wall of wood into nothingness eventhough its semi hollow on the inside, itll still have a brace or some sort of support, so youll be fine. What it does is get the tread back in the screw hole, so youre just adding more material to it to grab onto.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
^cool, i was talking ot the guy on top asking about the semi, but its alllllll gooooooood,

i think i see one of these threads at least once a day, heh,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by funky.monk
I have a semi

haha semi
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal
yeh ive had that. i filled in the screw hole with filler, and rescrewed the lock in. nice and tight again...
you could also mix baby power with wood glue to use as a filler. it's surprisingly strong.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
I've seen some luthiers actually insert a short piece of hardwood dowel for the strap pin screws. Although its a bit more work, it will definitely last.

Regards,

Rob
I cant count the number of times I've used toothpicks for strap buttons. Especially when changing to straplocks and such. The screwholes can be massively different sizes.
Quote by polaris6630
haha semi

I have to stop calling it that *coughs*

Thanks a lot though.