Page 1 of 2
When I was in Poole high, we did this course on advertising, because i submited an advertisement including subliminal messaging i failled,

So whats so bad about it,
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

NUMBAH 1 MEMBER OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD OWN CLUB Pm me to join

Member of the "I Hope MCR Are In a Plane Crash and There Are No Survivors" Club
PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
It's manipulation, that's what is wrong with it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by izzy100
When I was in Poole high, we did this course on advertising, because i submited an advertisement including subliminal messaging i failled,

Nothing the way I see it if you are stupid enough to fall for subliminal messaging(Buy a Les Paul) then you (should send it to me) shouldnt complain.
Quote by dazzler16
Nothing the way I see it if you are stupid enough to fall for subliminal messaging(Buy a Les Paul) then you (should send it to me) shouldnt complain.

Subliminal messaging affects people subconcioulsy. It's a very covert, very immoral form of advertisement. You can't 'fall' for it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Its wrong because its brainwashing people into doing things they might necessarily not want to do, buy, etc.

Good example is The simpsons episode were they are brain-washed into joining the navy.
it works as, you see, then you feel/want it
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
Quote by izzy100

You probably spelled the damn message wrong.
<Han> I love Hitler
you dont have a choice to 'fall' for them.. the whole point is that they use certain techniques to subconsciously motivate you in a certain way to buy a product, or to do something else. its a subtle and mild form of brainwashing almost.

they wont flash on the screen "BUY THIS CAR" a bunch of times, and then you leave your house and put a down payment down on an audio...

no, there's different types of subliminal messages, and sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. we wouldnt really know because subliminal messages for the most part are illegal anyway.
im subliminally messaging myself into liking peppers and onions. And i can say from first hand experience it really does work!!
^^ wtf?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by Grundy0
im subliminally messaging myself into liking peppers and onions. And i can say from first hand experience it really does work!!

ohhh righty then
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
Almost all forms of subliminal messaging are illegal,
I think. I'm not really too sure about the
Different laws in different countries, but if someone could put up a link to an ad on
Youtube or something, that could be pretty interesting

Well, with regards to you failing for putting subliminal messaging in your
Ad, I think that it should have been recognised as an interesting averitisng technique,
Not as something that you should be penalised for.
To be entirely honest, you should have been given higher marks for incorporating
Such a complex marketing ploy on your work.

Also, take into account that your ad was never released, and therefore there were no
Negative effects as a result of it.

So, has anyone found any ads with subliminal messaging in them, and is it legal in
Great britain?
Quote by Aidy Damage
Different laws in different countries, but if someone could put up a link to an ad on

Ad, I think that it should have been recognised as an interesting averitisng technique,
To be entirely honest, you should have been given higher marks for incorporating

Also, take into account that your ad was never released, and therefore there were no

So, has anyone found any ads with subliminal messaging in them, and is it legal in
Great britain?

That looks like a poem because of all the line breaks

EDIT: Aidy, you clever bastard.
<Han> I love Hitler
Last edited by HaKattack at Feb 19, 2007,
they didnt say it being illgel(sp) but i got an 1hour detention after school.
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
I'd love for someone to try and trick me into buying something with a subliminal message in an advertisement.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by str84ever
Its wrong because its brainwashing people into doing things they might necessarily not want to do, buy, etc.

Good example is The simpsons episode were they are brain-washed into joining the navy.

Yvan eht nioj.....yvan eht nioj....
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by Aidy Damage

Great britain?

Why an SG? There are so many better guitars out there
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Aidy Damage

Great britain?

haha! thats legendary
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by Aidy Damage

Great britain?

I'm still trying to find an ad on youtube!

So, has anyone else managed to find any? Or is it
Too hard to tell where it is?
I don't really want to have the sudden urge to
Leave my house and buy a load of beer or something, though, even though I'd
Like some kind of alcoholic substance right now.

Well, anyway, that's beside the point. I think it could be pretty
Awesome to see some subliminal messaging in action, and to see if it really works.
Nevertheless, it could end up working, and
That could get a bit inconvenient for my bank balance!

Oh well, it's
Not as if it's really been affected in recent times,
Even though I really want a new guitar.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Great britain?

i don;t get it. what did he do
I don't think there's been prove of it working. But if it did it is wrong.
Quote by dazzler16

nobody would fall for that.

*buys LP*

*sends it to dazzler16*
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
The was a study in a New Jersey movie theater where during the previews, the theater flashed subliminal messages saying "Buy food" and "go to the concessions stand" and the like.

It did NOTHING to sell more food.

Subliminal messaging doesn't affect behavior, that's probably why you failed. It can implant the idea, but it doesn't actually make people do things.
Can't stop the signal.
first of all, theres different techniques and ways to use subliminal messages. it isnt simply flashing somethnig on a screen. why? because people are aware of it.. if you notice something quickly flash across the screen you'd probably be thinking 'whats up with that?'. think like 50 yars ago on tv ads or something, when subliminal messages weren't necessarily a "problem". it doesnt affect behavior, everyone knows that. its just meant to linger you with a thought or something to that effect.

and there's little subtle things that companies/people do with them tat you're completely unaware of.t he whole point is that the messages (which cna be anything..) will be interpreted by your brain on a different level that you're not even aware of. its weird, but you have to understand that the whole point is you're not aware of it. also, just keep in mind theres different techniques. like i said before, its not just simply flashing something between frames like you might think.

they have been proven to be successful, but like i've said, it all depends on the technique, setting, and type of people. children if anything have been subjected to more subliminal messages by companies. infact, this is even proven by many researchers. companies today for some reason have been targeting minors for their advertisement. apparently the goal is to mold teenagers, and pre-teends with products and ideas and cultural things now so when they're older they've already been maniupulated.

advertisement is a very interesting thing wheny ou really look into it
Quote by Aidy Damage

Great britain?

I applaud you good fellow

Wait, do subliminal messages even work? I could have sworn I heard somewhere that they have no actual effect.

If anyone has any proof that this stuff actually exists, please post it. Subliminal messaging has always interested me, but I have never seen an actual subliminal message or anything, as far as I know...
Quote by glm
I don't get Aidy's message.

Read the capitalized first letters of every line
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by SharpSpoon
Wait, do subliminal messages even work? I could have sworn I heard somewhere that they have no actual effect.

If anyone has any proof that this stuff actually exists, please post it. Subliminal messaging has always interested me, but I have never seen an actual subliminal message or anything, as far as I know...

Because I so subconsciously pick up that those were white

Quote by Welsh Guitar
Read the capitalized first letters of every line

Oh.
Anyway, sub. messages are funny. Except the screamers
I hate those fucking things.
Does any one actually find them funny.
Yes, I am whining like a bitch.

So what?
U r an asshole.
Cunt haver.
Kill yourself now.