Well... as I'm getting better with my guitar and have upgraded my old Marshall MG15 CDR to a vastly superior Roland Cube 60 and noticed the difference (for the better) immediately.

Whilst I am fine with my gear for just now, I was thinking to the future and when I next get alot of money, should I get new pickups (I was thinking Seymour Duncan or Swineshead) for my Epiphone G-400 or simply get a new guitar?

Thanks in advance!
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by Kunundrum
guitar IMO

Guitar, G-400's are practicly cardboard and plywood.
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
actually, G-400s are great guitars for the money. they're the best SG that epiphone makes.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Hmm alright. I'm not loaded so I can't afford a Gibson like you two can but I like the look of the Epiphone Les Paul's. I suppose it helps to know my music taste before you reccomend a new guitar though! I play mostly like rock, alternative and some metal.

Muse and Lostprophets are two of my most favourite bands and I know Mike Lewis plays PRS exclusively, Lee plays Fenders, Jazzmasters and Telecaster I think and Matt Bellamy plays custom Manson guitars. I also like the look of ESP but I'd rather have help than jump in head first.

Some reccomendations would be nice!

EDIT: Actually the SG is mahogany!

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

tubab0y ...... i love your quote!!
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Check out the Yamaha AES 620, edwards LP's, Hamer SATF Specials.

(check out the edwards here: http://www.katanaguitars.com/guitar/list_1.html
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
Last edited by Burtonjp at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by ponnightingale
Hmm alright. I'm not loaded so I can't afford a Gibson like you two can but I like the look of the Epiphone Les Paul's. I suppose it helps to know my music taste before you reccomend a new guitar though! I play mostly like rock, alternative and some metal.

Muse and Lostprophets are two of my most favourite bands and I know Mike Lewis plays PRS exclusively, Lee plays Fenders, Jazzmasters and Telecaster I think and Matt Bellamy plays custom Manson guitars. I also like the look of ESP but I'd rather have help than jump in head first.

Some reccomendations would be nice!

EDIT: Actually the SG is mahogany!

Open up your guitar and cram in a Z. Vex Fuzz Factory and voila...a Bellamy soundalike guitar...then grab a load of small mirrors and stick em all over the guitar.
I have a Fuzz Factory actually lol but I wouldn't risk it!

I have a Fuzz Factory, Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger, Electro-Harmonix Double Muff and Marshall Supervibe.

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

its really your decision if yo want a new guitar. if you get a new guitar make sure it sounds better cus otherwise its pointless but if there arnt rlly any guitars you want much then go for pickups but make sure you know how to put them on your guitar. EMG's are good too.
I looked at EMG 81's.
Apparently they're too heavy for my taste but I do like Metallica. (lol "Metllica". Those who have seen SKOM will know what I mean)

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Bump

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Your move, if you like your G-400, keep it and get new pups to make it sound a tad nicer.

But be warned, your pups won't make too much of a difference on a solid state. Don't get me wrong, you'll notice a difference, but still.

I say, where do you live?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by MidnightSun
Guitar, G-400's are practicly cardboard and plywood.

true, a friend dropped his HARD CASE and the guitar had a crack.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account