The SD-1 (if you didn't know) is the Boss Super Overdrive. I wanted to know if it would sound good (as good as an overdrive pedal could be on a Solid State amp) with a solid state amp.

I have $80 and I might save a little longer for the regular OD-3.
The sd-1 works fine on an SS amp. Won't sound as good as on a tube amp but then again nothing will. Don't worry about that. But if you've got $80 i'd save for something better like the od-3 or the ts-9.
Does the SD-1 have a major difference compared to the OD-3? (besides the $40 price gap)

According to the Pedal sheet i have it says the OD-3 is more a of a "signal-boost with smooth warm gain" or something like that. And it says the SD-1 is "like a tube amp".

I'm looking for an Interpol sound... they have a grindy sound, think 80s rock.
Whats the point. Why overdrive a SS amp? Does it not already have enough gain for you?
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
Whats the point. Why overdrive a SS amp? Does it not already have enough gain for you?

overdrives don't actually overdrive unless you use them as a boost. they simulate a clipping tube amp. like a distortion pedal with a smoother clipping pattern.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by bonchie1

He's not overdriving an SS amp he's using a pedal to mimic the sound of a tube amp. It will probably give a whole different sound to what he can currently get with his amp.
The Stuff!
Exactly (hey between you and me Thyme, I love your icon).

And, um... yeah can somebody please respond to the question I asked earlier (What is the major difference between the SD-1 and the OD-3 besides the price?) if it can be answered please... thanks.