I was just wondering if any computer people here could tell me what proccessors were better. Pentium 4's or Pentium D's?? I have a custom built computer with a gigabyte mother board and Geforce 7600 512mb if that makes any difference....
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
What exactly is pentium D?? i dont remember coming across anything like that.
Pentium Core 2 Duo's are the best processers. You have a really good graphics card. You could also get an AMD Atthlon 64 FX or 64x2 processor, which are slightly better than the intel core processors IMO. Dont get a pentium 4... cuz its old... but it'll still do the job...
The Pentium D is a dual core version of the Pentium 4.

Quote by af_the_fragile
What exactly is pentium D?? i dont remember coming across anything like that.
Pentium Core 2 Duo's are the best processers.

Core 2 Duo's are pretty similar to Pentium D's, but use hyperthreading.
All i kno is that i have 2 Pentium D's that run about 3.2 ghz, and that pentium 4's also run about the same. just wondering if ethier was better.
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The Pentium D is a dual core version of the Pentium 4.

Core 2 Duo's are pretty similar to Pentium D's, but use hyperthreading.

So Pentium D is better than Pentium 4
Dual core's are alway better than single core... 2 processors are better than one!!
but dont go for the pentium 4... Its sorta old and outdated..
Get an intel Core 2 duo processor or AMD athlon 64 fx or 64 x2 processor. They're the best!
Quote by MidnightSun
All i kno is that i have 2 Pentium D's that run about 3.2 ghz, and that pentium 4's also run about the same. just wondering if ethier was better.

Yeah they might clock the same speed (in numbers), but the dual core processors are much more faster and more efficinet than single core processors. They're much better for multi-tasking.. Running like many programmes on a single core (pentium 4) will bog down ur processor and comp..
Quote by af_the_fragile
Dual core's are alway better than single core... 2 processors are better than one!!
but dont go for the pentium 4... Its sorta old and outdated..
Get an intel Core 2 duo processor or AMD athlon 64 fx or 64 x2 processor. They're the best!

thats not always true look up some figures and it all depends and for some reason dual cores will always run better on laptops than desktops

Quote by sowhat360
go with mac, much less headaches down the road

Unless he's trying to build a gaming computer, in which case a Mac would not be a cost-effective solution.
METALLICA.
Quote by sowhat360
go with mac, much less headaches down the road

haha, wrong! mac's give u 1000x more head aches than pc's!!
1. They cant be easily fixed and tweaked to the performance u want from it..
2. Nothing ****ing runs on it!! Half the programmes out there wont run on mac's cuz they are only made for windows!! Thats the most annoying aspect of owning a mac. The mac's MSN sucks, u cant voice chat or use webcam on it.
3. There are no decent games for mac!! thats annoying again! all games are made for windows and you are left with this extremely small choice of games to chose from that run on macs...

Believe me, go get an alienware or something.. i'm on a mac right now and it annoy's me more than any comp ever annoyed me!
Quote by Prologue
Unless he's trying to build a gaming computer, in which case a Mac would not be a cost-effective solution.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Macs are NOT neccessarily more stable.

Some of the macs I've used in studios can barely handle protools without faults and crashes, often less than the PCs do.

Although Macs generally crash less, once you run a complex program on both, they become negligible.
Anything by AMD will pretty much be better value for money than an Intel..

Just don't get a sodding Mac.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
my mac keeps hanging when i run more than 2 programmes on it at once or open more than 2 windows on my firefox and watch a video on youtube. Its so annyoing. My firefox always keeps haning on my mac... and my mac is the new macbook with the intel core processors. I got it for free from my coll so i use it.. or elz i was gonna get an alienware.

And mac's dont crash is complete B.S.!! My mac crashes atleast once a month. It completely freezes and the only choice it leaves me is to pull out the battery and stick it back in again.. just as i would do with a windows laptop in the same situation!
My friend billy's mac is horrible.

If he has more than 2 programs open, garageband will lag by about 4 seconds!

compare that to audacity on a pc, even with a virus scan and a dvd playing, it ain't no 4 seconds!
^ Haha, i guess we should start a mac bashing thread!! Mac's do suck big time!!
Are you studying sound-engineering too?? Cuz i'm and every soundengineer i've come across says mac's suck! They only use then cuz protools HD is made to run on mac G4's... Or elz mac's are only good to throw at people or play frizbee with!

For me its Alienware all the way! I'ld prefer that to anyother comp!