Hey guys,

Well since I bought the Fireball and have played a few gigs with it, I'm thinking its pretty damn awesome. Then I realised my pedals are a little limited, a Crybaby from Hell with a broken battery cover. So...I'm looking to get some good effects that I'll honestly use.

What I had in mind:

Power supply
Chorus
Pedal Tuner
Overdrive
Noise Gate
Phaser
EQ
Delay/Echo
Case for said pedals

Could you recommend some good pedals for these effects. I play Metal, mostly Melodic Death Metal, that has Metallica style interludes. Also our Band does a good few cover band shows for money, and in that case we play allsorts. Any other effects you can think of that would be cool to have.

I've got around 450 euro to spend and I'd like to get the best, or very good. I'm not planning to get all the pedals now just maybe some of them.

EDIT: Also I would like a Wireless System, it'd kinda be pedals or a wireless system. So if anyone has any recommendations about wireless systems around the 450 mark, let me know.
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Feb 19, 2007,
the new BOSS single ML-2 is pretty good for metal.
and i think Shure make good wireless systems. for the other pedals erm just go for boss really theyve got all the stuff you want and a pedal case.
try a blood drive pedal adn some octaver it gives it a really crunchy sound when octaver is added
get a multi-effects pedal
An escalator can never break, it can only become temporarily stairs.
yeah i would suggest a boss ME-50. it would be perfect for what you need except for an EQ as it has none on it.

but you could pick up a boss GE-7 for pretty cheap off of ebay
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
get a boss gt-8
The guy has an Engl Fireball. Stop telling him to get shite.

Dude, if you want all those effects to be decent, spend whatever money you have now on the pedal you need most, and buy the rest later. You'll regret it later if you get a multi fx processor now.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Line 6 Delay or Modulation modeler, McCoy Wah, Tube Screamer, any old 10 buck pedal tuner, all you ever need. And why in God's name are people suggesting a Boss Metalcore when he has an Engl fireball?
Totally agree with your choices TehJermie. Maybe throw in an MXR phase90.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
my bad, it's the adhd doin its work
pretty much any chromatic tuner pedal would be fine as they all work pretty equally
other than that try stickin to boss and digitech for the other stuff, they are the biggest company, and if something breaks they'll replace it for only a shipping fee
i have a boss super overdrive and i can reccommend that as an overdrive pedal you should get
Yeah thanks Ali, multi-fx tend to be pretty shit. The Line 6 Delay and Mod stuff are the only ones I'd ever consider.
why why why would anyone limit themselves to only Boss or digitech?! There plenty of other big companies making far superior pedals. Don't get me wrong I have a few Boss pedals but they are far from having the best tonal quality.
Quote by TehJermie
Yeah thanks Ali, multi-fx tend to be pretty shit. The Line 6 Delay and Mod stuff are the only ones I'd ever consider.

DL-6 pwns. Unfortunately I'm too jobless to afford one at the moment!
^ I have a few things I won't justify buying until I'm doing some paying gigs. The DL will be one of the first that I pick up.
i'm not saying don't look elsewhere, i mean there are plenty of other fine companies out there ibanez makes some nice shit, it's just i have bad luck and when i've bought pedals that werent boss or digitech and they break i get screwed over tryin to replace them
Yeah but Boss and digitech= Ford: Decent, reliable but generally not very exciting. Whereas companies like Fulltone, EHX, ZVEX, Visual Sounds... (the list could go on and on, but i'll save you the boredom) are like Ferraris: Amazing quality, get you from A to B, or ooh to aah but they make you have smile on your face whilst they're doing it.
Boss generally aren't too great without some mods. And after the mods, you've just spent what you would have on a boutique pedal anyway. It's like sticking a bunch of aftermarket shit on your Honda to make it go as fast as your buddy's lambo.
All you need for metal:

Delay
Reverb
Phaser/Flanger/Chorus.

So, get a Line 6 DL-4 and a nice Phaser of your choice and you're set.

Or a rackmount multieffects unit....
Costs an assload for a good rackmount effects unit. The line 6 pedals do it well enough without the shit you don't need, but still give you enough to play around with.