as the name suggests iv been playing this in drop d with the settings from this thread, am i doing anything wrong?could you guys give me some tips to make it sound better?thanks,also im playing at the moment through my peavey studio pro 112.thanks guys.
it's not dropped D, it's standard tuning
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I believe on the record it's a half step down

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
doood! I started playing guitar with that song, trust me its standard tuning
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
The original is standard tuning.

You could play it in drop-D, but would would have to move everything on the other (as in not the low "E") strings down two frets. This doesn't sound bad, but dealing with open strings might suck.
Quote by Adimantium
The official tuning for just about every Metallica song is E flat...

Nope. 'Tallica didn't start actively downtuning until Load. Everything pre-Load was standard E except for a few exceptions like "Sad But True." Playing live, though, they do play the early songs a half-step down.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^ is correct. you could play this in D but for the sake of ease i would use standard D tuning instead of Drop D tuning if you choose to do this. All pre Load metallica is pretty much in E, i believe the god that failed is in Eb and The thing that should not be is in drop D, sad but true is in standard D.
I was just about to mention The Thing That Should Not Be... It was the're first song tuned down (For Whom The Bell Tolls is tuned a bit up or something..).
It's in Standard E tuning.
^ i don't belive FWTBT is tuned up, i use standard tuning and jam along with it just fine.