skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
jazz

progbass missed better looks
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'v only tried the J Bass once, but i love the P Bass.

Although im gonna get a fretless J one in a couple of months
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I personally prefer a J/J or P/J, my fender has a P/J set-up and I love it, the P bass sounds so good and one both are blended I get an amazing tone. Jazz's are also fine basses.

I think there's too much hate for P's on this forum they;re lovely basses, just not for me.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Well ive never tried a fender P bass, however I prefer Squire P-Basses to American Fender J-Basses
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Quote by unicycleboy
Well ive never tried a fender P bass, however I prefer Squire P-Basses to American Fender J-Basses

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Personally, my only reason for disliking the P-bass is the aesthetics. I just think they're a bit ugly. I'd love to have a Jazz bass with a p/j pickup config.
i got the P-Bass Special, it's got a jazz neck and P-Bass body, i like it, it serves it job. But i'm looking to getting a Jazz soon

I like both basses. I generally give the upperhand the the J because it's easier to play (thinner neck profile). However the P is a plug and play bass; you don't have to fiddle with the knobs. And it works for almost every genre
I'm more of a guitarist but for the occasional times when I want to be the general of the band (bassist), both the P and Aerodyne work very well. The Aerodyne's neck is kinda thin though but fast, and the tone is more versatile, for a part-time bassist. I like the PBass' simplicity and the neck feels better.
I love my P-Bass, i tried out the jazz and to me it didn't feel right. I have quite big hands though and I like having the fatter neck.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
cant go wrong with either of them! I personally own a MIA J bass and its beautifulllll but the P is also quite nice
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
P's have logs for necks. i'm a jazz guy
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i have both because i lvoe them both
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
jazzzzz

EDIT: *deluxe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
Quote by IndieMetalhead
P's have logs for necks. i'm a jazz guy

But what amazing logs they are!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Here we go again

I'm a P-bass man, myself. Can't beat that deep grind.

Aerodyne P-bass all the way!
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I prefer Jazzes. I do like the meaty Precision neck, though. I'm GASing for a nice P right now.
P-J, i like a p-bass and a J-bass put toghther to make a P-J bass.
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
jazz bass. i love the growl on a frettless jazz..........daydreams
Too cool for a signature.
Deluxe P-bass ftw.

Precision body, Jazz neck, P/J pups and active electronics. What more could you want?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I'd have to go for the Jazz Bass because they have two J pickups which I love and I really like the look of the Jazz Bass which can't be said of the Precision bass. Also, I can get a tone more tones out of my J Bass while the P Bass only seems to have a tone fit for rock.
Quote by AboveTheBridge
I'd have to go for the Jazz Bass because they have two J pickups which I love and I really like the look of the Jazz Bass which can't be said of the Precision bass. Also, I can get a tone more tones out of my J Bass while the P Bass only seems to have a tone fit for rock.

i have to agree with this. I like to play the post-rock / prog rock stuff like Pelican and Agalloch, and my p-bass just didnt do it justice. It had nice deph when fitted with a hollowish sound with major delay echo, but that was too much.

you can do so much more with 2 J instead of just one split coil. nice bass lows and beautiful finger picking with neck, and heavy "im in yo band cutting through yo mix" style with the bridge.

Oh and the jazz makes me look sexier, so +10
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Fender basses at all. The necks just don't do it for me. And while the sound is good, its not enough to compensate for the neck.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.