Alright. I've pretty much made up my mind to get a B-52 AT. However, I don't know whether I should get the 112 or 212. The third channel and rectifier on the 212 are definitely pluses, but it also weighs 85 pounds. I need to be able to easily transport this thing. The 112 I believe only weighs about 40 pounds, but lacks the third channel, has a solid-state rectifier (I think), and lacks the rectifier selection. Should i go with the slightly stripped down 112 that would be easier to transport, or the 212 with more features but weighs just about double the 112?
Do you want to gig with it? If you are going to gig, I would imagine you'd want that extra speaker.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The thing is, I don't know if I'll be gigging any time soon. I will need to use it for band practices however, and I'll probably be using just in my bedroom too. That doesn't really matter, though, because my parents don't care how loud it gets.
Get the 112.

It has 4/8/16 ohm external speaker jacks so you can always get a cab for it when you start gigging.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Alright. Thanks for the help.
I just thought of something. If i get the 212, I can leave it where I practice, and I can trade in my old crappy amp that I'll still get a good deal of money from, and get a Blues Jr. for home practice. Would that be a better idea?

Edit:I'd need to save a bit more for this.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Feb 19, 2007,
You could get the 112, the Blues Junior, and an Avatar cab and just lug the cab around from home to gigs.

The 112 would most likely be loud enough to practice with.
Quote by utsapp89
if you leave the amp at the practice place it would be fine i guess because the 212 is a BEAST to carry around, esp since its a combo. if you really want the 3 rectifiers then go for it since it adds more versatility to the amp and it is versatile enough as it is... if that makes any sense
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating