Page 1 of 2
Noel can sing, its Liam thats having trouble. Noel is the greatest songwriter ever bar lennon/mccartney
Quote by MisterSifter
Noel can sing, its Liam thats having trouble. Noel is the greatest songwriter ever bar lennon/mccartney

Ahh I probably got the two mixed up then. Whoops, my bad.

If Noel is the guitarist then yeah, he is pretty awesome
Noel (and Liam while I'm on the subject) is a twat...they slag other folk off and they aren't even any good themselves...OMG you wrote Wonderwall! You're still a fag...hate them both...f*ckin' Oasis...makes my blood boil and my shit yelluh...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Noel actually has an amazing personality, he's changed a bit since the early days (which i still enjoyed) he is a comedic genious as a person and talks an immense amount of sense.
Quote by MisterSifter

No...
Quote by MisterSifter
i have nothing to say to you

Doolittle must be so offended right now...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
Noel (and Liam while I'm on the subject) is a twat...they slag other folk off and they aren't even any good themselves...OMG you wrote Wonderwall! You're still a fag...hate them both...f*ckin' Oasis...makes my blood boil and my shit yelluh...

I see you have a great sense of structure in your arguments and know how to get your point across with a great amount of credibility.

Lol is it just me or has the definition of The Pit - ''The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever.'' gone pretty much down tyhe shitter right now?

But yeah, about Noel personally I love Oasis as well as the Gallagher brothers - even though I like Liam a lot I know he is an arsehole lol, but like someone else up there said, Noel seems like a great guy as well as being a great songwriter & musician.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by GiantRaven

No...

id love to hear the artists who like, cause you obviously cant appreiciate good music even if you not a fan of it.
Quote by MisterSifter
id love to hear the artists who like, cause you obviously cant appreiciate good music even if you not a fan of it.

Seriously, how is he the greatest songwriter since the 60s? Please do tell
Noel is great. Liam's a tool, but I love him too, in much the same way that you love that one friend you have that's a complete idiot (everyone has one). I get the impression that Noel sees how completely absurd the whole rock star thing is and has a good time playing along with it, while Liam actually believes he's a god. I also love how obvious it is that it's Noel's band and not Liam's in their videos. My friends and I think that Liam's more of an instrument than a person. Noel plays the Liam.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
Noel is great. Liam's a tool, but I love him too, in much the same way that you love that one friend you have that's a complete idiot (everyone has one). I get the impression that Noel sees how completely absurd the whole rock star thing is and has a good time playing along with it, while Liam actually believes he's a god. I also love how obvious it is that it's Noel's band and not Liam's in their videos. My friends and I think that Liam's more of an instrument than a person. Noel plays the Liam.

very nice observation
Quote by GiantRaven

Seriously, how is he the greatest songwriter since the 60s? Please do tell

his lyrics/attitude gave hope to a whole generation, he gave a voice to the people, he expressed pefectly the way people were feeling and on top of that the tunes were colossal
Quote by MisterSifter
his lyrics/attitude gave hope to a whole generation, he gave a voice to the people, he expressed pefectly the way people were feeling and on top of that the tunes were colossal

That doesn't mean he's a good songwriter though
Quote by VoodooChild15

I like Noel but Liams a prick and he can't sing anymore.
Quote by GiantRaven
That doesn't mean he's a good songwriter though

how doesnt it, those were all reasons related to songwriting. It doesnt officially mean he is a good songwriter cause its an opinion, but it gives reinforcement to why millions of others share the same view.
Quote by MisterSifter

So Kurt Cobain, Gerard Way and Pete Wentz are all amazing songwriters? (I do like Nirvana though)
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Quote by MisterSifter
how doesnt it, those were all reasons related to songwriting. It doesnt officially mean he is a good songwriter cause its an opinion, but it gives reinforcement to why millions of others share the same view.

There we go
Quote by Deja_Vu
So Kurt Cobain, Gerard Way and Pete Wentz are all amazing songwriters? (I do like Nirvana though)

I think what he means to say is that Noel injected some optimism into the nineties rock scene, which was largely preoccupied with depression and dissillusionment. He's essentially the anti-Cobain.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
Magic Pie - Oasis - Be Here Now

An extraordinary guy
Can never have an ordinary day,
He might live a long goodbye
But that is not for me to say
I dig his friends, I dig his shoes
But he is just a child with nothing to lose
But his mind

They are sleeping while they dream
And then they want to be adored
They who don't say what they mean
Will live and die by their own sword.
I dig their friends, I dig their shoes
But they are like a child with nothing to lose
In their minds, their minds.

But I'll have my way
In my own time
I'll have my say
My star will shine

Cos you see me I got my Magic Pie
Think of me yeah that was me I was that passer by
I've been and now I've gone.

There are but a thousand days preparing for a thousand years
Many minds to educate and people who have disappeared
D'you dig my friends? D'you dig my shoes?
I am like a child with nothing to lose but my mind
My mind

/thread
Hmmm, that's true I suppose, looking at songs like Dont Look Back In Anger and Stop Crying Your Heart Out, but just because a lot of people like your music doesnt make you a genius songwriter right off the bat (I do love Noel Gallagher and Oasis, dont get me wrong, but he's not THE best)

EDIT: To VoodooChild15
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Last edited by Deja_Vu at Feb 19, 2007,
I love Oasis, but:

Best songwriter since McCartney/Lennon?

I'd say Pete Townshend is a ten times better musician/writer.
While I like them, Noel/Liam are ****in pricks. For the stuff they say, I don't think they have the crudentials to back it up. Oasis hasn't done to the music scene/ our generation, what bands like the Stones, Th Beatles, The Who, Hendrix, Zeppelin did.

If they want to step up to that platform, there going to have to work on it. And it doesn't help that Liam sounds like he has two dicks shoved up his nose live.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by MisterSifter

lmao you made my day, go bum him.
Oasis = suckiest band ever
Gallaghers = arrogant idiots wanting money
Oasis + Gallaghers = go die in hell n00bs.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Quote by _Tenacious_
lmao you made my day, go bum him.
Oasis = suckiest band ever
Gallaghers = arrogant idiots wanting money
Oasis + Gallaghers = go die in hell n00bs.

Oh I'm sorry, I just thought I seen bullshit on the screen. Turns out it was your shitty views.

Millions of people and loads of Number 1 albums and Singles can't be wrong right?

Go away and play metal. No one really cares anyways n00b.
Quote by gallagher2006

Go away and play metal.

People who slam Oasis take themselves too seriously.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
i hate how so many people know Oasis But barely anyone knows The Verve even though there so much better! In my opinion Richard Ashcroft is the best songwriter ever and the Video to Bittersweet Symphony is just heavenly and apparently Him and Noel are good mates! So yeah thats actually the most ive probably ever written in one post!! EVER!!
The Verve are great too. I have a longish walk after school to the activity center and I went through a phase where I'd put Bittersweet Symphony on my ipod and mouth the lyrics as I walked like I was in the video.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
Quote by gallagher2006

Go away and play metal.

Hey you! I love metal, I also love Oasis and similar bands (Stone Roses being my alltime favorite).

So don't you be sterotyping metal fans.....

Actually on second thoughts, there are a large number of them who ARE close minded idiots......

But ah well
Quote by Deja_Vu

no, how in god's asscrack did kurt cobain give hope to a generation he wrote lyrics bout death, Noel was having none of that n wrote songs like Live Forever, no-one benefits from some dickhead singingw he wants to die, they want hope, attitude and swagger. As someone else correctly mentioned, he is the anti Cobain, as for Gerard Way n Pete Wentz i havnt got a clue who ur on about i can only assume that they are atroscious metal idiots.
Quote by VoodooChild15
The Verve are great too. I have a longish walk after school to the activity center and I went through a phase where I'd put Bittersweet Symphony on my ipod and mouth the lyrics as I walked like I was in the video.

+1 I Bittersweet Symphony in every way
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by MisterSifter
no, how in god's asscrack did kurt cobain give hope to a generation he wrote lyrics bout death, Noel was having none of that n wrote songs like Live Forever, no-one benefits from some dickhead singingw he wants to die, they want hope, attitude and swagger. As someone else correctly mentioned, he is the anti Cobain, as for Gerard Way n Pete Wentz i havnt got a clue who ur on about i can only assume that they are atroscious metal idiots.

Idiot
Quote by MisterSifter

Fall out boy are pop-punk, same as My Chemical Romance, so you fail, N00b11eleven!!!!!
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Page 1 of 2