With my upcoming tax return this year, I am going to purchase a GK 410 RBX. Its an 800 watt, 8 ohm enclosure with four 10" speakers plus horn. I am still trying to decide on what head to purchase though. I was thinking either the GK 700RB-II or the GK 1001RB-II. I am going to purchase another cab for the combo (115 probably) sometime in the future. Should I just spend the extra money and get the 1001RB-II, which will have more power for the future half stack or will the 700RB-II suffice for the full stack?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions/comments.

The 700RB-II specs -

POWER <1% THD: Main Amp-480W@4ohm, 320W@8ohm, 1 kHz. -- Horn Amp-50W@8ohm, 5kHz
COOLING: Continuously Variable Speed Fan
INPUT SECTION: Ultra low noise S/N>90dB, Clip LED, -14dB Pad, Volume, Mute Switch and Mute LED
VOICING FILTERS: 5/4 String Voicing, Adjustable Contour and Presence
EQUALIZER: In-Series Four Band Active
OUTPUT: Boost, Tweeter Level w/ Hi-Cut Switch and Woofer Level with Hi-Cut Switch
DIRECT OUT: XLR, Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switch and Level Control
PATCHING: Send, Return and Tuner Out
SPEAKER OUTPUT: Two 1/4" and Two HMS Compatible Speakon Connectors
WEIGHT: 16.5 lbs
DIMENSIONS: 17.5"W x 3.5"H x 8"D

The 1001RB-II specs -

POWER <1% THD: Main Amp-700W@4ohm, 460W@8ohm, 1kHz -- Horn Amp-50W@8ohm, 5kHz
COOLING: Continuously Variable Speed Fan
INPUT SECTION: Ultra low noise S/N>90dB, Clip LED, -14dB Pad, Volume, Mute Switch and Mute LED
VOICING FILTERS: 5/4 String Voicing, Adjustable Contour and Presence
EQUALIZER: Bass Specific Series Four Band Active
OUTPUT: Boost, Tweeter Level with Hi-Cut Switch and Woofer Level with Hi-Cut Switch
DIRECT OUT: XLR, Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switch and Level Control
PATCHING: Send, Return and Tuner Out
SPEAKER OUTPUT: Two 1/4" and Two HMS-compatible Speakon Connectors
WEIGHT: 18 lbs
DIMENSIONS: 17.5"W x 3.5"H x 8"D

All info taken from www.gallien-krueger.com
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
The only real difference here is 320 watts vs. 460 watts. Personally I think thats a lot of money to spend to only get about 300 watts out of it. Also, if you get the 700RB and add a second cab then you will only be pushing 20 watts less than the 1001RB with only one cab. I'd just get the 1001RB. Sounds like a better deal to me.
Quote by Bumper
The only real difference here is 320 watts vs. 460 watts. Personally I think thats a lot of money to spend to only get about 300 watts out of it. Also, if you get the 700RB and add a second cab then you will only be pushing 20 watts less than the 1001RB with only one cab. I'd just get the 1001RB. Sounds like a better deal to me.

Nay, there is also a 1.5 lbs weight difference, but i personally would go with the 1001RB or if you want to upgrade even more i do believe there is a 2000 model or something along those lines