Rusty cooley- Solo artist
2 2%
Steve Vai- I cant remeber :(
38 34%
Stevie ray Vaugn- (blah)
16 14%
Voters: 113.
Page 1 of 2
So here I lay, trippin on lsd, listening to blood is thicker than water by blacklabel, and I see zakk wylde, alexi laiho, herman li, rusty cooley, steve vai, and stevie ray vaugn come out and start murdering each other. I say guys guys, wait, lets just let ug decide whos the best, and here i am.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by paintITblack39
The one guy who plays really fast.

I assume your the one who picked herman....your a horible person, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY HE WAS IN MY ROOM! ALL ASIANS LOOK ALIKE! Oh dear, what if that wasnt him!

Um....anyways, herman sucks....if you want fast check out rusty cooley.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by Sneaky4894
Alexi Laiho, k thanks bye.

Right on, the other guys *with the exception of a few* just play random crappy stuff, alexis stuff is blusey and fast.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Steve Vai what is it that you cant remember?? Steve Vai is not a mebmer of any band in a band!!!
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Right on, the other guys *with the exception of a few* just play random crappy stuff, alexis stuff is blusey and fast.

SRV isnt bluesy?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Steve Vai

what is it that you cant remember?? Steve Vai is not a mebmer of any band!!!

Learn to swim....

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Hows SRV shred (excuse me if he his I've only seen him play about 3 solos and they were all nice and bluesy. If I saw the three songs where he blues solos but usually shreds please correct me.) Anywhoo wheres Paul Gilbert on your list he's my favourite shredder.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by The_Black_Dog21
Steve Vai what is it that you cant remember?? Steve Vai is not a mebmer of any band in a band!!!

Yes. It's actually called the Steve Vai Band.
I'm back, you douchebags.

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
              ¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
              (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 19, 2007,
              Quote by The_Black_Dog21
              Steve Vai

Oh? i thought him and that joe fella had a band.....CURSE YOU MAGAZINES THAT I DONT FINSH READING!
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              Quote by walker-rose
              SRV isnt bluesy?

I dont even know why he was in my room, I just write the facts!!!! And actually srv has been known to shred, just not a generic shred, its sweepy and blusey, but alexi has more control and is more entertaining to watch his hair flow in the wind
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              Zakk Wylde - well, I think he's a terrible guitarist and I don't understand why people hold him high. He's pretty sloppy and he plays the pentatonics with wah all too often without emotion (imo)

*yawn*
              I'm tired of saying this over and over again.
              First of all, Zakk, sloppy? He's one of the most accurate and precise alternate pickers ever. The last thing you could call him is sloppy.
              Playing without emotion? Zakk nearly rapes his guitar every time he picks it up. True, his solos in the last few years have been very repetitive, but listen to his Ozzy work and pre-BLS work, there's a whole lotta emotion going on there.
              When people tell me that Zakk Wylde is a crappy guitarist, I automatically picture them hearing nothing but a few of his BLS songs. If you want to criticize him, first dig deep down to his early days.
              Listen to the albums Book Of Shadows and Pride & Glory. You'd be amazed at his guitar work there (and songwriting in general).
              Search in YouTube for some of his older stuff, Toe 'N The Line, his House Of Guitars performance, etc.
              Then call him a crappy and sloppy guitarist.
              Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
              Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
              Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
              Roland MicroCube
              Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
              Dunlop Rotovibe
              Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
              Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
              Boss CE-5
              iSP Decimator
              My vote is for Alexi although I like SRV just as much but I wouldnt class him as a shredder.
              Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
              SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
              powerslave756 speaks the truth.

Quote by Pleiadian
              *yawn*
              First of all, Zakk, sloppy? He's one of the most accurate and precise alternate pickers ever. The last thing you could call him is sloppy.
              When people tell me that Zakk Wylde is a crappy guitarist, I automatically picture them hearing nothing but a few of his BLS songs. If you want to criticize him, first dig deep down to his early days.
              Listen to the albums Book Of Shadows and Pride & Glory. You'd be amazed at his guitar work there (and songwriting in general).
              Search in YouTube for some of his older stuff, Toe 'N The Line, his House Of Guitars performance, etc.

Well zakk IS the last guitar hero, but that doesnt mean his the best guitarist, his old stuff is very good and interesting, but he really cant compare to some of these up and comers.
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              I'm Just a Box in a Cage
              *yawn*
              Playing without emotion? Zakk nearly rapes his guitar every time he picks it up. True, his solos in the last few years have been very repetitive, but listen to his Ozzy work and pre-BLS work, there's a whole lotta emotion going on there.

+1
              even if I didn't vote for Zakk the fact that he replaced rhandy roads must mean something...
              Learn to swim....

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
              Randy Rhodes pwned over all the guys in your poll (apart from SRV but he wasn't even a shredder)

And just for the record...

SRV>Shred
              Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
              That he can't actually play!
              Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, and SRV aren't shredders
              And I refuse to vote to a who is the best shredder poll that hasn't got gilbert, malmsteen, and batio in it
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by The_Black_Dog21
              Steve Vai

He's not now, but he made his main start with Frank Zappa, which is one HELL of an accomplishment.
              Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
              Quote by urik
              Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, and SRV aren't shredders
              And I refuse to vote to a who is the best shredder poll that hasn't got gilbert, malmsteen, and batio in it

Another excellent post. +1
              I'm back, you douchebags.
              Quote by fallenangel20
              He's not now, but he made his main start with Frank Zappa, which is one HELL of an accomplishment.

And he also was in alcatrazz
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||

Isn't there a shred forum somewhere?
              And for the record, Paul Gilbert is my favourite. I liked his lessons in TG.
              Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
              Quote by IwannaBeSadated
              I assume your the one who picked herman....your a horible person, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY HE WAS IN MY ROOM! ALL ASIANS LOOK ALIKE! Oh dear, what if that wasnt him!

Um....anyways, herman sucks....if you want fast check out rusty cooley.

I didn't even vote
              Sent from my iPad.
              Quote by tommyt
              gary moore .... seriously

Gary Moore is TEH SEX and my favorite guitarist. And he can shred. But I don't acknowledge him as shred
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||
              ||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by IwannaBeSadated
              So here I lay, trippin on lsd, listening to blood is thicker than water by blacklabel, and I see zakk wylde, alexi laiho, herman li, rusty cooley, steve vai, and stevie ray vaugn come out and start murdering each other. I say guys guys, wait, lets just let ug decide whos the best, and here i am.

if you wanna know which one will kill the others, its Zakk
              ... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
              smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
              Quote by gallagher2006
              Depends if yoiu mean live or recorded. If it's recorded, Li's won by a MILE

Being a shredder is the ability to pick up a guitar and jus play you're life out.

We all know Li sucks nuts live.

So does he really even qualify as a shredder?

From the choices threadstarter gave, Steve Vai is the greatest. But this poll needs Malmsteen and Batio.
              Quote by dennmetal
              RB cam RB speaks truth.
              Page 1 of 2