Page 1 of 2
so i heard ibanez was coming ou twiht an 8 string...

what do you guys think about this crazy idea?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
They alreasy have, they released it at namm 2007. P.S this is the wrong forum but I will post a link in a sec
Rusty Cooley has a signature model Ibanez 8-string, but I'm not sure about anything else from them like that.
hai guize join mah gr00pz plz kthx:

Quote by Sanctus Ignis
Rusty Cooley has a signature model Ibanez 8-string, but I'm not sure about anything else from them like that.
No, he left Ibanez because he couldn't get one.

And I'd rather go with a baritone seven, really.

It'd definitely be something I would like to try out.
Quote by maXterbat0r

He did? Dang, never knew.

Quote by maXterbat0r

No, wasn't it because Ibanez wouldnt give him a signature model? He has a custom 8 string one made by Conklin or something. I've watched videos of him shredding on his signature model, and he still has Ibanez posters everywhere. Wierd.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by One Way Ticket
No, wasn't it because Ibanez wouldnt give him a signature model? He has a custom 8 string one made by Conklin or something. I've watched videos of him shredding on his signature model, and he still has Ibanez posters everywhere. Wierd.

Yeah, there is the Conklin, but on his website there's a pic of his 8-string.

Ooooh I think I played an 8-string before at London Guitar Show last year....or it might have been 9. Anyways, the point is, they're a bit unpractical, the neck is waaaay to wide to be able to play without practsing on it for ages, and even then I'm sure it wouldn't feel nice at all.

Stick with 6
man what is that heavy string tuned too?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Cyclotoolica
Ooooh I think I played an 8-string before at London Guitar Show last year....or it might have been 9. Anyways, the point is, they're a bit unpractical, the neck is waaaay to wide to be able to play without practsing on it for ages, and even then I'm sure it wouldn't feel nice at all.

Stick with 6

Yeah, dont try anthing new because youll have to practice more. Idiot.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Yeah, dont try anthing new because youll have to practice more. Idiot.

Excuse me if I prefer the feel of a guitar neck to a tree trunk.

If you wanna get a really low detuned sound....buy a bass?
Dino Cazares has a signature Ibanez 8 string already, doesn't he?

And if an unfeasibly fat man / metal legend can play an 8 string, so can you... damn all you people with the "pffft, stick to 6 strings, 7 strings or more are for ubern00bzorz"

If someone wants a 7 string string or more, that's their damn decision. A 7, 8 or even more stringed instrument is in no way less practical than a 4 or 6 stringed instrument. Music is about innovating, expanding your boundaries and producing the best music you can produce. If higher string instruments help with that, go for it.
It's a great idea. By the way, I've known about this for months, thanks to me being an active member of both the official Ibanez forums and Jemsite's forums.
As one guitar mag put it, anyone who uses more than the usual 6 strings is still living in 2001
Terms and Conditions apply.
^It's not a trem. It's an Edge-FX bridge, which is essentially a double-locking fixed bridge. It's also found on a JS model from a few years back, as well as the Mick Thomson model.

[quote="'']Wow, the olnly other 8 string i've seen is a crazy custom guitar. Btw does it have an extra lower string or an extra higher string

But anyway, there are some other new cool ibanez's that have cought my eye, like the RG with one pickup, the V and the special edition JEM

It's a low string. I'd love to add a high string if I got one, but it has an extended scale, so it would probably snap.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by GiantRaven
Look lovely

I couldn't play it though

Yea, i like a wider fingerbored but the one on that thing is way to wide. I couldn't really play that fast on it, but then again I suck lol. If you want notes that low just buy a bass lol

EDIT: If it has an extra G-string wouldn't power chords and scales seem a bit irregular or messed up?
ive always wanted an extra 48 note range =\
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
[quote="'']Yea, i like a wider fingerbored but the one on that thing is way to wide. I couldn't really play that fast on it, but then again I suck lol. If you want notes that low just buy a bass lol

EDIT: If it has an extra G-string wouldn't power chords and scales seem a bit irregular or messed up?

It's a low F#.
Quote by figsandbobo
ive always wanted an extra 48 note range =\

Actually you'd only get an extra 10 or 11 notes.

Is it worth struggling to get your fingers around a neck that size just for that?
Quote by Cyclotoolica

Is it worth struggling to get your fingers around a neck that size just for that?

12 if you tune down to drop-E.
What is the point of 7, 8 strings? I'lll stick with my six, thank you very much.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by guitar_freak333
What is the point of 7, 8 strings? I'lll stick with my six, thank you very much.

Because of the larger range, as well as many new chord fingerings.
pfft, pussy ibanez come back to us when youve made a 23 sting guitar out of solid steel. then maybe ill listen
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
MEEEESHUUUUUUUUGAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love one of those.....anybody know how much one of those goes for
Quote by Cyclotoolica

It isn't struggling if you have proper thumb placement.

Quote by guitar_freak333
More complex chording, lower notes, wider neck that people may prefer, play higher up the neck with more notes, etc.
Quote by guitar_freak333

Whats the point of 6?

Why not just have 4?
Page 1 of 2