does any 1 know if this head and this cab are any good?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
?...
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

7 minutes isn't enough time. be patient, it's a forum, not a chatroom.

the head is fine, the link for the cab wasn't loading for me. stay away from the peavey cabs, though.

and spell peavey right.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Don't get a Valveking halfstack, dude...if you want the valveking get the combo...or if you can, get the XXX...it rocks.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
kk what cab do u suggest then im on a bugdet under £600 thats why i was thinking of getting bothe cos i can get them bothe for £550.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Don't get a Valveking halfstack, dude...if you want the valveking get the combo...or if you can, get the XXX...it rocks.

how much is the XXX ?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Quote by Spoony_Bard

dude, he's loooking at a $680 head and you want him to get a >$1000 head. I think he's gonna go with the valveking.

the VK is a good amp, if you compair to a SS amp. the probleme is that it is not relyable(sp?). it brakes esaly.

and btw what music do you play?
Quote by tristboyer
dude, he's loooking at a $680 head and you want him to get a >$1000 head. I think he's gonna go with the valveking.

the VK is a good amp, if you compair to a SS amp. the probleme is that it is not relyable(sp?). it brakes esaly.

and btw what music do you play?

um mostly metal, death, grindcore, some metalcore? , bits and peices of classic rock and more metal.

yea i was asking a guy who works in my soundcontrol about the VK today , it was in there and it caught my eye lol , and i sidpeople have been saying their notto reliableandhe saidmost ofthe people who say that arejumping on he bandwagon and that he personaly has one and its fine, also theyve never had 1 returned.
was he just trying to make a sale?

also a guy a few posts above said head not cab.. the only other cab i think of in my range is the Marshall 1936 2x12 - any good. but probs wont match with the peavy?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Last edited by bodomfan666 at Feb 19, 2007,
I have the VK 212, but I think in your situation you should get a better lower wattage valve combo. I doubt you'll need 100 valve watts in a halfstack.
Yeah, I have the Valveking 112 combo and it's great. If you get the 212 and a Jekyll and Hyde pedal (which I'm going to get as soon as I get money from selling equipment) you should be able to do metal easy. I think it's a really good amp, and will blow away the Line 6 that you currently have.

Edit: the reason I said the 212 is because it's 100w like the half stack would be. You probably won't need that much power, so if you don't the 112 is nice.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
VK 212 any good? and plenty loud enough for gigs im geussing ? and yeah the line 6 is

also could you revvomend any other tube combos? but maby not messa... i had a go on an f-50 and i was like wow this kicks ass, how muchj. he was like £999 ... i said oh maby not , how much used ... he goese it is used.. * walks away *
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Last edited by bodomfan666 at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by bodomfan666
VK 212 any good? and plenty loud enough for gigs im geussing ? and yeah the line 6 is

I would get the 112, if your sure you want a valveking. I'm regretting spending the extra money on 50 watts i dont need. The 112 would do gigs fine.

However, if you really do have £500-odd to spend, you could get something even better. The VK is decent, but I expected more tbh, and I should have got the DSL 401....
yea i got 500 i could stretch to maximum £650 - at very most. and im not set on a VK i just saw it and was like hmmm cab and head for £550 yum.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

My 112, which is half the wattage of the 212, is very loud. It would be fine for gigging in small to medium venues. In my practice room it is almost too loud when the volume is at about 10 or 11 o'clock. So I'd say the 212 would definately be loud enough.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
kk, hmm i just spied ENGL combos... good?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

You'd really have to stretch to afford an Engl, but it might be doable. And yes, they are excellent amps, especially for the music you play. But the VK 212 or 112 would be okay, with an overdrive and/or speaker swap.
kk cos i can get an Engl 50W tube combo within my PR.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

you could get a great valve king with no problemes, and you can get a terreble one with ALOT of problemes.

if you play mostly metal your probably going to need an OD for more gain. but for the rest it has enough gain.

my best advice would be to go in a guitar store and try a bunch of amps out.

CHEERS!!
engl will most likely own peavey any day. except tuesday. don't get it tomorrow.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm looking into getting a VK as well.
What's so good about the ENGL?
I have the valveking Half stack and have had no problems. Great clean,Nice distorion though not heavy enough for LOG- My dime disortion fixes that though. I say get it.You cant beat an amp like that that is all tube for such a little amount of money.
I'm on the verge of buying a 212 VK. It doesn't have the most extreme gain, but the leads are maad smoothe and thats what im looking for. Plus if i need more distortion ill just plug in my MT-2