I'll give you the grand tour. We are in the n00b forum. This is where you introduce yourself in the thread at the top. You can also ask questions refering on how to use the WEBSITE. In the pit, you can talk about whatever, as long as it is along the guidelines of the FAQs.

In the Bands & Artists forum, you can talk about different bands, but there are sub-genre forums. You have classic rock, for guys like AC/DC and Rush;
Modern Rock, which you can talk about Nirvana, 30 Seconds to Mars, HIM, etc.;
Metal, which is very strict about the bands you talk about, so read the FAQs in the metal forum if you want to post there, it's for the likes of Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Pantera, COB, and all them;
in nu-metal, you talk about KoRn, Slipknot, Linkin Park, etc.;
in the shred forum you can talk about Poison, Malmsteen, Rhoads, Marty Friedman, Ratt, etc.;
Punk & Ska is for AFI, Mustard Plug, the Misfits, Rise Against, etc.;
Pop-punk & Emo is for MCR, Paramore, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, etc.;
Hardcore is for bands like Bullet for My Valentine, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, the Refused, anything hardcore, metalcore, or New Wave of American Metal;
Alternative and Indie is bands on independent labels and alt-rock bands that weren't nessecarily big. I don't know much about that one;
Blues and Jazz-you know, BB King, Chuck Berry, Larry Carlton, blues and jazz guys
Other is for Rap (eww), Country (eww), and techno (meh), anything that isn't covered in the other forums.

If you want to talk instruments, there is a thread for anything guitar, whether it's electric, classical, acoustic, or bass.

If you write a song, put it in the Songwriting and Lyrics forum and see what people think.

You can promote your band in that forum.

I don't know much about the UG Contribution and Site Feedback, but the longer you are on the site, the more you'll learn.

Lastly, there is the Forum of the Banned, or FOTB, and trust me, you don't want to be there. The only way to get there is if you get banned, so read the rules and you'll be okay.

WELCOME TO UG!
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
No problemo.
Don't worry, not everyone harrasses n00bs. Talk to all the good guys, and if you want to be noticed in a positive way, DO NOT repeat anything I did when I first joined. lol

EDIT:My mistake. When I said you can promote your band in "that" forum, I meant the Promote YOUR Band forum.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by Jacksonchick
I feel like I'm walking on egg shells here. Is this supose to be fun? I thought forums were to learn and have fun. Interact with other,s who have the same interest,s. I,m totally afraid too post anthing here as I might be punished like a 2 year old.

Robin.

Don't worry about it. Just think before you post, and be civil towards other users. It's worked fine for me.
Quote by Dobzilla

Don't worry about it. Just think before you post, and be civil towards other users. It's worked fine for me.
Just you wait
Quote by Jacksonchick
I feel like I'm walking on egg shells here. Is this supose to be fun? I thought forums were to learn and have fun. Interact with other,s who have the same interest,s. I,m totally afraid too post anthing here as I might be punished like a 2 year old.

Robin.

Try posting in the pit... it's simple, loudest poster is right, no matter what the argument.

A lot of people around here are nice, don't be shy.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Jacksonchick
Ok. I,m not sure what you did, but I,ll try not too. Thank you again.

Well, where do I begin. I was an asshole, I spammed everyones threads, and I refered to everybody as "truckers". I don't anymore, but ask anybody, and they'll tell you I'm an asshole. Well, I was. I'm trying not to be one anymore.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Well, where do I begin. I was an asshole, I spammed everyones threads, and I refered to everybody as "truckers". I don't anymore, but ask anybody, and they'll tell you I'm an asshole. Well, I was. I'm trying not to be one anymore.

Umm....yeah, he's an asshole.

j/k

He did however used to SPAM alot.
LOL