Firstly I'm sorry if you get these threads all the time, lol.
I know ****-all about amps to be honest, I've read some of the stickys about amps and valves etc. though i'm not sure what to get.

So, I need a new amp. I've been playing guitar for a couple of years and had the same crappy amp all the time which I got from cash converters.
Picture of my amp next to my Epiphone \m/ -

I'm looking for a amp combo for somewhere between £100 - £200, (i'm planning on getting a new amp for my birthday but i'm not certain how much I can spend on an amp but that should do).

I mostly play Metal and Rock (Slipknot, Metallica, Trivium, AC/DC, Black Sabbath) so gotta have power and distortion lol. I've been looking at some Line III Spiders online which look good but I need some tips and reommendations before I go out to some guitar shops.

I appreciate all the help I can get
Thanks.
Last edited by mfkr at Feb 19, 2007,
get a crate, they are cheap and they are really good for what you are looking for
An escalator can never break, it can only become temporarily stairs.
Most people will tell you that line 6 stuff sucks. Their spider 2 stuff wasn't that great. I have heard that the spider 3's are better. Go try them out though if you can cause you don't want to buy something without trying it or at least hearing sound samples form their website.
Quote by aCCeSS
get a crate, they are cheap and they are really good for what you are looking for

Thanks, i'll check out crates.

Quote by Lynchworm
Most people will tell you that line 6 stuff sucks. Their spider 2 stuff wasn't that great. I have heard that the spider 3's are better. Go try them out though if you can cause you don't want to buy something without trying it or at least hearing sound samples form their website.

Ah thanks for the advice, i'll try and find some in the guitar shops and try them out and i'll look at some websites.
While you're at the store, check out the Roland Cubes. Nice, affordable, metal amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
While you're at the store, check out the Roland Cubes. Nice, affordable, metal amp.

Ah will do, thanks.
Quote by slatsmania

+1
The Stuff!
Lol.
Thanks for the help guys.

More welcome =]
Last edited by mfkr at Feb 20, 2007,