Okay, the problem has to do with my guitar's tremolo bridge, or i think it might. The guitar is an ESP Ltd KH-202 and it has a licensed tremolo bridge that sucks like most licensed floyds, so recently i thought about replacing it with an Original Floyd mostly because the one i have just can't stay in tune, i barely touch the bar and it goes out of tune, BUT now i realized that maybe the problem is not the bridge but rather the locking nut alone, i don't know maybe is not locking the strings well, so if anyone knows how to figure out the problem or something PLEASE let me know, i really need to figure it out now.
just buy the original floyd rose....

im no expert, but it seems the fool proof way to improve your guitar to me.

you might want to buy the original floyd, adn if it still doesnt work in tune, then just change the nut too.
well yeah that was the idea but i don't know if i could just solve that problem with a new locking nut instead of the whole unit.
well you have a sucky FR already, so might aswell just upgrade everything, and be happy for the rest of your life

the liscenced tremolos in general ARE a pain in the ass.
What makes you think it's the locking nut? It's probably due to the trem not being set up properly.

EDIT: How new are your strings? How old is the guitar?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by zwound
well you have a sucky FR already, so might aswell just upgrade everything, and be happy for the rest of your life

the liscenced tremolos in general ARE a pain in the ass.

yeah they are, i know that for sure. I just wanted to know exactly what the problem was, i mean i was still going to buy the whole unit, just that i thought the nut would have something to do with the problem.
Quote by Will_Minus
What makes you think it's the locking nut? It's probably due to the trem not being set up properly.

because the nut might not be LOCKING the strings as it should, so if i move the tremolo bar, the nut would not be doing what's supposed to be doing, and therefore it would mess up with the tuning
You must not understand how floating bridges work. The locking nut fixes at one end, and is going to keep the strings locked 99% of the time. The bridge locks the strings at the other end, and since the bridge moves, it doesn't always return to the same place, throwing the strings out of tune.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club