Are there any users here who have played this amp. I'm seriously considering buying it. I've read it is voiced extremely modern and saturates more than a triple recto or and uberschall. Not to mention 300 tube watts. Until I get a chance to sit down with it I'd be interested if anyone on UG has experience with it.
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Feb 19, 2007,
i have played it before. it is the most versatile amp ive ever used. i dont own one but as soon as my tax return comes in IT WILL BE MINE!! if you have effects that you like to use, this amp will make them sound 10x's better than what they sound like now. if you dont have any effects, the amp will not dissapoint in any genre just on what it is stocked with.
Have you read anything about it picking up radio stations?

Just give me a little pleasure of telling me what the high gain is like. I want something better than a triple recto. I believe this could be it.
I played the Bv150h at my store with a Schecter Hellraiser (then later an Epi 59 V)

It DOES NOT saturate more than a Recto, trust me, if you're looking for UBER HIGH GAIN, this won't supply. It has gain, but not over the top. The gain is a bit dry, yet a bit wet. Kind of inbetween. Voiced extremely modern, not really. It seemed a but modern, but not that much.
Being said, it wasn't bad, not OMFG MUST GET NOW!!!1!, but good.

btw, it has 16 tubes or something, so good luck replacing them if you get it
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Quote by Ubershall404
Are there any users here who have played this amp. I'm seriously considering buying it. I've read it is voiced extremely modern and saturates more than a triple recto or and uberschall. Not to mention 300 tube watts. Until I get a chance to sit down with it I'd be interested if anyone on UG has experience with it.

Who have you been talking to? A Crate Sales Rep?

I doubt it has more gain than a Recto or Ubershchall, and 300 watts tube is overkill. You'll knock out all the windows before you get the power amp to saturate.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
They are not high gain and dont have any good characteristics to their sound. Quite a dull amp if you ask me. Im serious, the amp sucks and I dont mean to burst your bubble.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by GNR4EVER
Who have you been talking to? A Crate Sales Rep?

I doubt it has more gain than a Recto or Ubershchall, and 300 watts tube is overkill. You'll knock out all the windows before you get the power amp to saturate.

HAHA. You'd think so! Those crate salesmen

I am curently playing the crate gt3500H and it sounds really heavy. A lot of saturation and thickness ( for solid-state that is). I only assumed that the top level crate tube amp would deliver more!

My main interest is to get the most possible saturation and thickness. I guess the triple rec or uberschall is the way to go... To bad the UBER is close to 3 Grand!
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Feb 19, 2007,
yes. the triple rec is the way to go.

although i use a blues junior for metal, so i wouldnt listen to me.
Quote by Ubershall404
what do you run infront of the blues JR?

a metal muff. my pedal board is a TS-808, crybaby, MM and big muff.
I guess that sound is pretty unique. You've got the tube amp to make the pedals sound good though. Have you ever heard of the damage control demonizier?
Demonizer isn't really too heavy. Solid metal is what you want for over the over the top stuff.
a little off topic....but i saw a video on youtube of a new blue voodoo that had like 25 tubes and the cab was a 12x16 and it was monsterous....just made me think of it
Quote by Moonshine12
a little off topic....but i saw a video on youtube of a new blue voodoo that had like 25 tubes and the cab was a 12x16 and it was monsterous....just made me think of it

haahha yeah i saw that, something like the world's largest tube amp.

eh, i was obsessed with the crate blue voodoo series until i heard some videos and wasn't impressed... at all.

GO VOX AC30!!!%!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008