Page 1 of 3
I just recently started liking the Unseen, they're hardcore punk, right? Well, i dont know but anyone like the Unseen? Just wondering if anyone liked the Unseen and just wanted to start a debate about'em.
Quote by hardrock1315
They're streetpunk.

In my opinion, they're pretty good live, shitty on record.

Yeah, they are good live. Very energetic and pretty tight.
Never bothered to really get into 'em though.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by unholy_love
I just recently started liking the Unseen, they're hardcore punk, right? Well, i dont know but anyone like the Unseen? Just wondering if anyone liked the Unseen and just wanted to start a debate about'em.

uh oh.

which songs/albums do you like?

*prays*
i haven't heard any of their original stuff, but their cover of Paint it Black is pretty sweet.
The Unseen were great, I liked almost all of their stuff up until Scream Out. That was the record that killed them. Listen to Social Security and then anything off of SO... it's completely different.
no
i like the unseen. my favorite unseen stuff is the old stuff, off of Lower Class Cruxifiction and So THis is Freedom. in my opinion the new stuff isnt that punk.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

They are fu<king awesome. Their new shit isn't that good, but it's better than 95% of all the other new shit thats comin out
Meh they're alright, but personally the only good street punk bands in my opinion are The Pist and Antidote.
Text Book Salvation! Caculation and Imagination!
Text Book Salvation! We'll Exept no Deviation!
Text Book Salvation! You call this an Education!
Text Book Salvation! Manditory Self-Eficient!
My first punk album I ever got was Explode, so I owe the Unseen a lot I suppose. Listened to their older stuff but didn't like it that much. Really the only album I liked was Explode. Don't like the new one. I like their cover of Beat It also.
What's up?
I used to listen to them a bit, but I stopped before they supposedly started sucking. I kinda want to get one of their new albums just to see the difference though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
musically, the album explode pisses me off, especially about that song about them selling out...so sick of you. that song pisses me off cause it is pretty much saying **** you to their fans. and the first song, maybe rather catchy and pretty good, the lyrics are hypocritical as hell.

good cd's by them are so this is freedom, lower class crucifixtion, and the anger and the truth is a so-so album. state of discontent sucks, and explode was eh... and i also got the singles collection, which has good songs and bad...i love the original goodbye america on that cd, it's more unpolished and i think lyrically different too...

they were a good band, i never got fully into them, like some people; but now they are crap, and play crap, and should just stay at the warped tour.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I've been into the Unseen since they came out, and personally, I think their new shit (State of Discontent) is every bit as good as thier old shit. They're still just as hard as ever, and their sound hasn't really changed, it's just gotten a better production job, which is a good thing, if you ask me. I'm sick of hearing bands where you can't make out what the **** they're playing.

And if you ask me (not that anyone would) I think them playing the Warped Tour is a positive thing. It shows people that not all punk sounds like NOFX.

And right on to SuspectDevice for mentioning The Pist. I was wondering if anyone still knew of them or not.
I only liked that 1 cd of theirs that had A.D.D disorder on it and too young to know and are we dead yet?.
just saying...read the lyrics. so sick of you could be a good listen when you scratch the surface of it, for some people, but the person they are so sick of, is YOU. that is what the song is about, they say **** you, to the fans, many times in it. It pisses me off that they get mad at fans who like the music, and don't want to see them ***** it out for money by going on mtv, or the warped tour. mark unseen is an asshole. so i say **** them
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

THE UNSEEN - SO SICK OF YOU LYRICS

Home | What's New | About Us | Contact Us
artistsalbumssongsimagesfull text Advanced Search
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

Lyrics - The Unseen Biography - The Unseen Lyrics - So Sick Of You Lyrics

:: Biography
:: Albums
:: Lyrics

So Sick Of You Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Unseen Review The Song (0)
Print the Lyrics

So Sick Of You Lyrics

Send The Unseen polyphonic ringtone to your cell phone

I'm through with you.
Don't care what you say or do.
I'm through with you.
You saw our shirts on mtv.
You say how could this be.
Betrayed you throw yours away.
You throw it all away.
I've had it up to here
And now I just don't care
Don't care what you think of us.
We're sick of you.
Don't support us anymore
Cuz we played warped tour
Say we turned our backs on you
THAT'S NOT THE ****ING TRUTH
It's more work then you'll ever know
Some say we don't have much to show
There's records, cds and magazines
That's immortality.
Oh
What are they thinking
What a scam I believed in that band
How could they play for such kids.
SAY I'll play when I want
To who I want **** you.
Your not the one to tell me
What to do what to do.
We're SO SICK OF YOU

Just in case anyone still disagrees with mike and hasn't read the lyrics.
What's up?
wow i read those lyrics while listening to the song, and mike2's right, the song is basically a **** you to all of their old hardcore fans who were with them from the beggining. my view of the unseen has been changed by those lyrics.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

i win...now someone say something amazing about me so i can sig it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

damn...say mike2 at the end of it and ill sig that...im sad like that...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by ratmjb1212
wow i read those lyrics while listening to the song, and mike2's right, the song is basically a **** you to all of their old hardcore fans who were with them from the beggining. my view of the unseen has been changed by those lyrics.

No, no,no. The song is a **** you to the fans that bitch their asses off about them. Where you have pulled the idea from that the song is about every fan they have, i don't know.
we didn't say it was about ever single fan, we are saying that it is about those bands that were there before those stupid warped tour kids. stop sticking up for these ****ing bands; these bands are not like your family or best friends, it's just music. if you like them then don't let us get this under you skin. just ignore us, i put that out there and people reply.

fans who bitch there asses off were the originals, they like so this is freedom and the singles collection, unlike these new kids who saw scream out on their myspace.

look how much so much different they look to. their music is different, they are on mtv, and then they have the nerve to say **** you and we are sick of you to fans who just don't want to see the band ***** out their music.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by UraniYum
They're not bad really.
And Mike2, you're the best.

you knows it. it's not that i hate the unseen though, i hate what they have become. i have so this is freedom, the anger and the truth, lower class crucifixtion, and the singles collection. but i hated explode so much, i gave it to my little brother who doesn't have it no more i think. and don't get me started with state of discontent....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by hardrock1315
They're streetpunk.

In my opinion, they're pretty good live, shitty on record.

yeah the first time i ever herad the unseen i saw them live, and it was sweet. then i bought explode and hated it, heard their other stuff and thought the same, and then i heard they have a new album that makes you want to cry
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by mike2
musically, the album explode pisses me off, especially about that song about them selling out...so sick of you. that song pisses me off cause it is pretty much saying **** you to their fans. and the first song, maybe rather catchy and pretty good, the lyrics are hypocritical as hell.

nay nay my good man, sick of you isn't a **** you to their fans, it's a **** you to the stuck up narrow minded punks that think they sold out cuz of 1) some stupid pop punk band wore thier shirt on mtv, prolly good charltoe or whomever(by the way what were"real" punks doin watchin mtv?)2) cuz they played warped tour(ohh wow big f'n deal i don't hear anyone bitchen about the casualties or total chaos cuz they played warpled tour)and 3) cuz they quality of their recording got better. i don't understand that. they better the quality of the recording the more they sell out. just doesn't add up to me.
Mike2 I disagree with you about the Unseen. But before I continue I want to ask you something and please be completely honest.

Do you play music -of any instrument? Do you play in a band? If so has your band ever been signed?

Just answer honestly please.
The Complete Singles Collection is now unavailable on Amazon. I'm trying to hunt up mp3s on LimeWire, and hopefully something will turn up.

I've got to say, no punk band that immediately leaps to mind (not even the Clash) has so brilliantly abandoned and denounced their former way of being than the Unseen.
no
Quote by drugfreeboy
nay nay my good man, sick of you isn't a **** you to their fans, it's a **** you to the stuck up narrow minded punks that think they sold out cuz of 1) some stupid pop punk band wore thier shirt on mtv, prolly good charltoe or whomever(by the way what were"real" punks doin watchin mtv?)2) cuz they played warped tour(ohh wow big f'n deal i don't hear anyone bitchen about the casualties or total chaos cuz they played warpled tour)and 3) cuz they quality of their recording got better. i don't understand that. they better the quality of the recording the more they sell out. just doesn't add up to me.

1) no, they are on MTV dumb ass, they are on on demand, they are every ****ing where...damn....
2)warpped tour is owned by clear channel, the sluttiest, filtiest thing that has their conservative corporate hands on music. if they were really anti-corporation and so anti-america, why would they like to support such a sluty corporation? o and yes, casualties and total chaos and every band that supposedly is punk and is political and has songs that are so anti-america and anti-corporation, don't go to the warpped tour.
3) quality has nothing to do with it. the above does, and the new cds material sucks.

Quote by TlM ARMSTRONG
Mike2 I disagree with you about the Unseen. But before I continue I want to ask you something and please be completely honest.

Do you play music -of any instrument? Do you play in a band? If so has your band ever been signed?

Just answer honestly please.

-why would i be on a guitar website?! i play bass and guitar
- im in mabye three. one is a punk band that plays music a la new york dolls, mc5, stiff little fingers and such. the other i play bass in a hardcore band, im just helping out my friends who like that shitty hardcore punk. and maybe a ska band, not a huge fan of thrid wave ska, but i want to do it.
- no i haven't been signed, since i just started a couple months a go with those bands. i don't really see the point of signing to a record label or even produce records. i can pull a bomb the music industry! and put them online for free. my drummer has thousands of dollars of music recording equipment...

Quote by bucky_2300
The Complete Singles Collection is now unavailable on Amazon. I'm trying to hunt up mp3s on LimeWire, and hopefully something will turn up.

I've got to say, no punk band that immediately leaps to mind (not even the Clash) has so brilliantly abandoned and denounced their former way of being than the Unseen.

i got it...so...idk...it will be hard to get off of limewire i think cause alot of the songs are on other records and...like might be that version, cause some versions i actually think are better on that record. idk how i could give it to you but pm if you got an idea, another idea i got is use a torrent...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Last edited by mike2 at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by mike2

-why would i be on a guitar website?! i play bass and guitar
- im in mabye three. one is a punk band that plays music a la new york dolls, mc5, stiff little fingers and such. the other i play bass in a hardcore band, im just helping out my friends who like that shitty hardcore punk. and maybe a ska band, not a huge fan of thrid wave ska, but i want to do it.
- no i haven't been signed, since i just started a couple months a go with those bands. i don't really see the point of signing to a record label or even produce records. i can pull a bomb the music industry! and put them online for free. my drummer has thousands of dollars of music recording equipment...

I didn't mean play as in pick up your guitar to learn a tab every once in awhile which half the people on this forum do. I mean like in a band ... consider yourself a musician etc. I was just checking.

Do you consider yourself knowledgable about the music industry? How to actually do well as a band. Its easy to start a band and play a couple bars but do you know what it takes to make money on it????? Do you consider yourself knowledgable with that????

Have you ever booked your own show??? Have you ever promoted for your bands show???? Have you ever played with national acts? Ever had a nationa act open for you???
im playing punk...god damn it...none of that matters. the whole point of punk is the music, money is secondary, you play a house show, you sleep there and then you get enough money to fill up the gas tank and drive to the next place. ask me again in a couple months when my bands actually start, but i know a band can succed without doing what the unseen and numerous bands like them have done...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
1) no, they are on MTV dumb ass, they are on on demand, they are every ****ing where...damn....
2)warpped tour is owned by clear channel, the sluttiest, filtiest thing that has their conservative corporate hands on music. if they were really anti-corporation and so anti-america, why would they like to support such a sluty corporation? o and yes, casualties and total chaos and every band that supposedly is punk and is political and has songs that are so anti-america and anti-corporation, don't go to the warpped tour.
3) quality has nothing to do with it. the above does, and the new cds material sucks.

i was implying that at the time of them writing sick of you they weren't on mtv. and who cares what tour is owned or sponsered by who its the fact that the music is getting out their. which as a musician is what you aspire to do. maybe not stadiums like say metallica but you want your music to get out thier and be heard. and if you don't thats why you play to your cat and that'll be the only thing that'll hear ya.
where is the warpped tour at?!!?!?! the one in illinois was is at tweeter every year, one of the biggest stadiums in the ****ing state. it seems to be one extreme or the other, either sellout so your music and message, which is anti-whatever but then you play along side that thing you preach about hating, or you are playing to your cat. wtf. you are a moron.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
where is the warpped tour at?!!?!?! the one in illinois was is at tweeter every year, one of the biggest stadiums in the ****ing state. it seems to be one extreme or the other, either sellout so your music and message, which is anti-whatever but then you play along side that thing you preach about hating, or you are playing to your cat. wtf. you are a moron.

you, or at least i did, got into a band for some reasons along the lines of: "i love to play music" or "i want people to hear what i can come up with" or a combo of the both. and just cause your anti-whatever and are playing on a tour that is what your preaching against doesn't make you a sellout. you are tring to get your word out there and be heard. they were or are their to open up young kids mind and make them think "their is better music out their than this shit they play on mtv or on the radio". thats why bands like unseen, casualties and total choas play(ed) warped tour.
okay...keep on thinking that is the reason that they play on mtv or the warpped tour...do you actually believe that?!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
okay...keep on thinking that is the reason that they play on mtv or the warpped tour...do you actually believe that?!

uhhh....did you even read what i posted? cause i said why did YOU get into a band not why did the UNSEEN? ass read the post before you act like an ass

also atleast i'm not a new wave fag like you. why don't you cover "do you really want to hurt me". queer.
Page 1 of 3