Anyone know a guitar thats good for Bad Religion, The Unseen, Misfits but is also good for Pantera, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold and Guns N Roses?
I was thinking a Epiphone Vintage SG. Any suggestions?>
the vintage sg is pretty cool
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
the last bands u posted arent punk bro,there metal
but ne ways the vintage should be good,or maybe a fender stratocaster
well Scott from the unseen plays a Epiphone Custom Les Paul and an SG sometimes, so that'd be fine i'm sure.
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
Ive got a Vintage SG and it manages all those pretty well. Plus its fairly cheap
Dunno what an Epiphone Vintage SG is though... unless you meant either of the brands, in which case go for Vintage.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
I don't think there's any real consensus on the best punk guitar, I've seen everything used by punk bands, SG's, LP's, Strats, Tele's, Ibanez. I'd go with an SG though.
pete townsend played an sg, and he is one of the godfathers of punk guitar, so yeah, that would be pretty good, he used to use it with p90s i think though, theyare pretty good, they gave a good middle tone, and if you increase the treble you get a good punky sound, but back to the point, cant go wrong with an sg really
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
I'd go with either an SG or a Les Paul.

Greg Hetson of Bad Religion uses an SG, and Brian Baker of Bad Religion uses a Les Paul.

I personally think Strat's are anti-punk guitars, because they are always overrated in terms of punk.

Strat's are more for pop-punk, such as Green Day, Blink 182.
For hardcore and 80's punk, such as Bad Religion, NOFX, Sex Pistols, Rancid, and others, you should go with a Les Paul or SG. They give a better low end crunch, and the "punk" sound uses a lot of midrange, which the SG's and Les Paul's are good at dishing out.

Hope this helps.
Quote by drugless_stoner
pete townsend played an sg, and he is one of the godfathers of punk guitar, so yeah, that would be pretty good, he used to use it with p90s i think though, theyare pretty good, they gave a good middle tone, and if you increase the treble you get a good punky sound, but back to the point, cant go wrong with an sg really

Pete Townshend pretty much played everything.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Pete Townshend pretty much played everything.

latley he seems to be playing strats, but yeah, he has played everything, but back in the guitar smashing days he played sgs, and had to search teh whole of england to find them, because he kept on breaking them, he pretty much decimated britains stock of 60s sgs, how much more punk can you get really?lol
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
dude vintage sg no not for metal try ESP guuitars or a Randy Rhoads possibly a shecter damien to but ESP is best for metal
Quote by Final Breath
dude vintage sg no not for metal try ESP guuitars or a Randy Rhoads possibly a shecter damien to but ESP is best for metal

If you like SGs but want to play metal look into LTD Vipers if you get one with Duncan's they you should be able to play punk as well
I'd go with the Les Paul cause most of punk bands u mentioned used
I've seen old clips of Townshend playing them at The Who shows
It works for metal too (well slipknots guitarist has and Wyle)
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
if i recall what metal band used SG'S?

black sabbath
judas priest

just two that come to mind....
Quote by Jongpil Yun
Dime's rolling in his grave because you called him Punk...

He didn't call them punk. He stated a few punk bands and then said ALSO, and listed metal bands.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
I was just about to make a post like this, what would be some good guitars for playing some stuff like Minor Threat or Black Flag possibly some of the earlier AFI stuff.

Amps too, I'm tired of my begginer pack.

Although a lot of people are suggesting an SG.
Last edited by Gigatiran at Feb 19, 2007,