I have a crappy Squire that no one will buy so I figure instead of having it get all dusty and unused why not make it into something worth playing. So I need ideas of what I could do to it. Like maybe buy a new neck, headstock, etc.
Im being more serious. I see people have done great things. I was thinking to make it take Bigger pickups like in a gibson. Is that possible?
It should be routed to fit humbuckers. Take off the pickguard and check.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
im doing up a squier, started today, new paint, possibly re-shaping the body, new hardware, (instaling a bucker maby?)
any ideas there for ya?
^ Don't hijack other people's threads.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
sand the finish of your squier neck and you should end up with a very fast very comfortable neck
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Re-paint it, do little mods here and there. But I would go all out with it, like, changing necks, pickups, and all that other stuff.

Then again, yeah you could do the pickups but I wouldn't go as far as the neck.

Quote by TheLastDj
You mean on the back or front?

He means back, but don't sand it down too much that it's too thin.
Quote by TheLastDj
You mean on the back or front?

the back the back, don't sand the fretboard just the back of the neck with a fairly fine grit sand paper. personally i use 180 grit
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well I was just thinking of getting a new neck because this squire one feels wider then my SG's neck and the headstock is awful.
to each his own, i'd take a sand squier neck over anything but thats my personal preference.

and i don't think you're going to be able to get a neck similar to your sg's for it though
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle