Hey everyone, I was wondering how you all would have these pedals setup. Right now, I have it:

AMP - volume pedal - flange - step modulator - distortion - whammy - delay - Guitar

I need to be able to use the whammy effect on my delay (which is set to the hold setting, with repeats set to forever, and feedback all the way - so it acts as a looper) as well as whammy everything else, which is why I have it setup whammy then delay.

Now, would you guys set that up differently? I'll try out each of your suggestions and let you know the results. I just want to see if there is a way I can set everything up that will make things sound nicer....or more noisier (sp?) I like making weird spacey sounds and noise and stuff. It's fun.

Thanks everyone.
Anything tone oriented(distortion, pre saturation equalization) should go before the amp. Timing effects(flance, delay, reverb) should go in an effects loop.
meh, i go

guitar--wah--distortion--delay--Modulation Modeller--EQ--amp

and there is hardly any tone loss. My amp has no effects loop. Shielded cables, plus good settings allow for little or no tone loss.

Although, if you have an FX loop, go with pacoasterrider. its the smart thing to do.
there should be a sticky for this...
a "geek"-ed kinda setup...

and some mods.
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

i go like this: Guitar - wah - delay - phaser - distortion - amp
i dont have an fx loop
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer
Mayones Bell 2
Boss DD-3
Boss DS-1
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop GCB-95
Laney Hardcore Mxd 30
Quote by Agata0023
Hey everyone, I was wondering how you all would have these pedals setup. Right now, I have it:

AMP - volume pedal - flange - step modulator - distortion - whammy - delay - Guitar

Thanks everyone.

Guitar > Delay > Volume Pedal > Whammy > Distortion > Flange > Phaser > Amp.

the whammy'll track better if it has an unaffected signal. distortion adds harmonics to the overall tone that could mess with the ability of the whammy to function 100%. normally, i'd suggest the delay to be last, but since you mentioned it being a self-oscillating, i'd put it before the volume pedal so you can keep the delay from freaking out too bad.
Quote by -Intermission-
meh, i go

guitar--wah--distortion--delay--Modulation Modeller--EQ--amp

and there is hardly any tone loss. My amp has no effects loop. Shielded cables, plus good settings allow for little or no tone loss.

Although, if you have an FX loop, go with pacoasterrider. its the smart thing to do.

Intermission!!!

I keep thinking it's me that wrote in the forums while it was you! ROFL, it gets quite confusing at times, but it's cool!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I'm about to try all the suggestions, but I don't have enough cables to use my effect loop. haha. I need two more patch cables for that to work.