im looking for a new amp for playing metal, i currently own an ashdown flalen angel DSP 60W head and matching cab but it is just too big! i want it to be tube and prefrable to have 2 speakers, i don't realy care about cleans and have aorund £400 to spend, i will probs get one second hand for that type of money so any ideas?

cheers,james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
I'm Not 100% on what the currency difference is but i know you can get used Peavey 5150 on ebay for around 500-700. They Talked about on here as the one of the best metal amps. I have played one and its gets a great metal tone. You should look into it.

Jake
Why not go for the Fallen Angel Combo?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
5150s are waay to expensive over here in the UK. Look into used Laney amps.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by aliwilson27
5150s are waay to expensive over here in the UK. Look into used Laney amps.

hmmmm, i would love a 5150 but i dont have the money, which laney could i get for metal, they don't really do a metal combo, i would go for a gh50l but that only comes in the head version
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
TT50 if you could find it used, or maybe the LC50.