I love it
21 42%
I don't really care either way
14 28%
It's shit
15 30%
Voters: 50.
Page 1 of 2
Any other guitarists into dance music? I'm intrigued as to why so many people hate it, and whether there are other guitarists that also like dance

^^poll time
Quote by future rock god
dance music =/= music that's why i hate it, any idiot can play records and scratch them.

Dance music > Your opinion

Try to create a beat as good as anything by Fun Factory, and I'll suck your ****.

I love it.
Quote by The Casualty
Dance music > Your opinion

Try to create a beat as good as anything by Fun Factory, and I'll suck your ****.

I love it.

*taps a pen on side of computer screen* there done, now lets go listen to music that actually contains instruments and skill *plays opeth*.
One of my friends has tried his hand at making some dance, techno, electronica whatever you want to call it. Some of it is really good, some is abysmal.
Quote by future rock god
*taps a pen on side of computer screen* there done, now lets go listen to music that actually contains instruments and skill *plays opeth*.

You're a fucking idiot.

Any moron can pick up a guitar and create music, you're proof of that.
Quote by The Casualty

You're a fucking idiot.

Any moron can pick up a guitar and create music, you're proof of that.

but it takes a specail type of person to tape the sound that hgv's make when they reverse and call it music, or dance music to be exact?
Quote by future rock god
but it takes a specail type of person to tape the sound that hgv's make when they reverse and call it music, or dance music to be exact?

Yes, have you tried it?

Rap samples beats, you moron. Not dance, all the beats are started from scratch.
Quote by The Casualty
Yes, have you tried it?

Rap samples beats, you moron. Not dance, all the beats are started from scratch.

really, are you considering the amount of good songs that are ripped off and destroyed by so called 'musicians?'
my sister listens to it a lot (goes clubbing etc) and all i ever really notice is the universal beat behind whatever track is being played. it goes a bit like this: bump, bump, bump, bump...

apologies if that sounds close-minded and dismissive but that's what i notice most. i'm pretty sure my sister would say the same about growling and blast beats in Death Metal.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by future rock god
really, are you considering the amount of good songs that are ripped off and destroyed by so called 'musicians?'

Name me two dance songs that have ever ripped off anyone.
If you mean electronica, I friggin am hooked. I even make my own mixed song , its in my sig
Quote by The Casualty
Name me two dance songs that have ever ripped off anyone.

there have been dance 'cover' versions of living on a prayer - bon jovi and poison - alice cooper, oh, that's two, and they were fucking awful
Quote by future rock god
there have been dance 'cover' versions of living on a prayer - bon jovi and poison - alice cooper, oh, that's two, and they were fucking awful

Your idiocy is disgusting.

I said rip-offs, not covers. Dimwit.
the only dance music i like is by Chicane. I hate the stupid ned/chav-style stuff like Cascada
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by The Casualty
Your idiocy is disgusting.

I said rip-offs, not covers. Dimwit.

oh i think they constitute rip offs.
Dance music's pretty cool it kinda evoled from the music i listen too
this is what i think happened:
Punk>Post Punk>New Wave>Dance Music
or like this
New Wave>Hip Hop>Dance Music
that's my opinion on this

Quote by future rock god
oh i think they constitute rip offs.

You like Metallica, so IMO, you automatically lose. On topic, I friggin' love it.
Quote by future rock god
never said bands who play MUSIC don't rip off other bands, but at least they're playing something listenable.

Oh shut up, you're contradicting yourself.
Quote by future rock god
dance music =/= music that's why i hate it, any idiot can play records and scratch them.

You are an idiot. Just try DJing and see if its easy. Its almost as much multitasking as playing the drums, and not easy to do well.
Current:
Yamah Pacifica 112 (vintage white)
Fender PT-10 Tuner
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Crate MX15R
Future:
Fulltone OCD
Fender TC-90?
Quote by The Casualty
Oh shut up, you're contradicting yourself.

that's a solid argument you got there
Quote by future rock god
never said bands who play MUSIC don't rip off other bands, but at least they're playing something listenable.

Avenged Sevenfold = Instant Fail

I don't know if it counts as dance music, but I've been getting into alot of electronica lately. Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Aphex Twin, Air, Tangerine Dream etc.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by future rock god
that's a solid argument you got there

It is, re-read what you've been saying so far.
Quote by The Casualty
It is, re-read what you've been saying so far.

i'll sum it up, dance music sucks.
Quote by future rock god

I hate retards who have no understanding of something yet still attempt to judge it. I see this happening alot with people who are into rock that get a stereotyped perspective of hip-hop or electronic dance music and hate it as a result when they actually don't have a clue what they are hating.

Please, you have no idea what you are talking about, go read a book or something ----> http://www.amazon.com/Last-Night-Dj-Saved-Life/dp/0802136885/sr=1-1/qid=1171919417/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0612233-0624407?ie=UTF8&s=books

Or since I doubt you even care enough to do that (I mean seriously, who actually takes learning seriously these days?) just check out www.di.fm/edmguide for 5 minutes and see how much of music history you know absolutely nothing about.

Whatever. I love electronic music. I love any music that makes you wanna dance. Dancing is freedom. Break it down.

Also, dance music is really about the "beat". If you don't get the "beat", and feel it in your soul, you probably won't get dance music.
Last edited by bajeda at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by The Casualty
Accurate. I like to sexually pleasure small children with garden vegetables

see what listening to dance music does to you.
Page 1 of 2