Alright, sorry for yet another one of my boring/annoying/whatever-the-hell-you-call-it threads. But's let's start things...

OK, I'm in a band, again. We're going to be playing stuff from Anberlin all the way to Trivium (if it works out). So it's a wide variety of rock genres to go through.

So here's the problems:
-We don't have a PA
-Guitarists and bass have small wattage (30-65) SS amps
-We are short on cash

Ok here's some things i thought of...for my contribution; each is a seperate idea:
-Sell my semi-hollow, buy PA and some mics...and new pups for solidbody
-Buy a Pignose G40V (all tube 40W)
-buy PA and buy some decent cheap mics, and use all current gear
-sell semi-hollow, buy GT-8, and buy PA
-do nothing, the band will fail anyway
-stick with current stuff, and somebody else will think of something
-sell both electrics (~$700), buy Pignose and a PRS guitar

I'm open to any other suggestions, because it's been three weeks, and i have no idea what to do. And if the band doesn't work out, i don't know what to do...but i'll probably end up joining another band.

So please, i need some advice!
i'm confused as to what you mean by an SS amp. but to me, if everybody has, as you say "small wattage" and the range of 30-65 watts is given, why you would want to buy a 40 watt amp. it doesn't seem like it will help in that department at all.
but, don't sell your guitars. you'll regret that. but each of you need to slowly buy everything you need. by that i mean, don't put your money together and buy a PA. cuz if the band breaks up, who gets it? you're looking at this too wholistically (spelling?). look at is a group of small investments, not "ok, i need a decent amp: 700-1000 dollars, mic: $100, PA: $600, which means i need $1700. just buy the crap slowly. and until you get everything you need, deal with what you have.
Quote by misterspiffy
i'm confused as to what you mean by an SS amp. but to me, if everybody has, as you say "small wattage" and the range of 30-65 watts is given, why you would want to buy a 40 watt amp. it doesn't seem like it will help in that department at all.
but, don't sell your guitars. you'll regret that. but each of you need to slowly buy everything you need. by that i mean, don't put your money together and buy a PA. cuz if the band breaks up, who gets it? you're looking at this too wholistically (spelling?). look at is a group of small investments, not "ok, i need a decent amp: 700-1000 dollars, mic: $100, PA: $600, which means i need $1700. just buy the crap slowly. and until you get everything you need, deal with what you have.

Alright, if you noticed i said "40W ALL-TUBE" Which means, it's probably going to sound as loud as about a 100W solid state(SS) amp. And will sound better at higher levels of volume.

Also, i said, i'll probably be in another band if this one breaks up anyway. Right now we're just having trouble because two people live out of town. And our bassist left, so we're not doing alot right now. I never said we WERE going to break up, i just said we might if nothing works out right.

And my guitars aren't the greatest anyway, and i've played the PRS...it's much better. That's why i put that as one of the possiblities.

I'm still confused on what to do, so anybody else can try and help...
Misterspiffy is right...i mean...dont sell your stuff...thats not a wise choice...my advice...just deal with what ya got...and do small venues...and about the 40watt tube...even though it is smaller tube sounds different and can be significantly louder than solid state...so just stick with what ya got...things will work or your band will fall apart...either...you dont loose anything..
Quote by Adimantium
Misterspiffy is right...i mean...dont sell your stuff...thats not a wise choice...my advice...just deal with what ya got...and do small venues...and about the 40watt tube...even though it is smaller tube sounds different and can be significantly louder than solid state...so just stick with what ya got...things will work or your band will fall apart...either...you dont loose anything..

you just contradicted yourself...i know how smaller tube amps sound, and i can deal with them. And if it's louder than the SS...and my current on is only 30, so let's think...30W SS, or 40W all tube (loud as 100W SS)? And the almost none of the "small venues" we do have house PA's, so what's your solution to that when nobody will let us rent one?
mic your amps. buy some reasonably priced mics, i like the shure sm58. they run 70-100 a piece. you will can reproduce your exact setups tone without breaking the bank. if you want to play venues, most of them have house PAs, so run the cables to thier sound board. you can do that until you can afford bigger and better crap. your current setup is fine for practice spaces.
Quote by ElBarto2811
you can really egsagorate (how the hell do you write that word??) the motion.

guitars:
LTD EX-400BD
Ibanez RG220B w/Dimarzio Tone Zone & Air Norton
Fender Deluxe PowerHouse Strat

Amp:
Marshall MF350 half stack
Quote by misterspiffy
mic your amps. buy some reasonably priced mics, i like the shure sm58. they run 70-100 a piece. you will can reproduce your exact setups tone without breaking the bank. if you want to play venues, most of them have house PAs, so run the cables to thier sound board. you can do that until you can afford bigger and better crap. your current setup is fine for practice spaces.

that itself was a waste of time writing man...i already said that none of the venues we play, other than battle of the bands and the monthly band-concert-thing...we don't have a house PA. so why buy mics, if i have no PA to hook it up to?

end of discussion...nobody helped anyway.

END OF THREAD
Budget? Guitars?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Whoa, sorry about the guitars man. What I'd get is a used Peavey XXX, or a new Ashdown Fallen Angel (add a boost for Trivium) or a new B-52 AT series amp.
Then, save up for some mahogany bodied guitar with medium-high pickups.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?