When playing i can't live without one, but when restringing/tuning, it wants to make me rip it out and throw it out the window sometimes. But thats probably because im doing something wrong.
IDK, I have Stopbar tailpiece.

I was about to get a guitar with a Floyd Rose, but I heard a lot of negativity towards them.
Nikolas
One of the most annoying locking trems ever. I recommend Kahler.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I love them I find them amazing to play with, but they can be a bit difficult to restring if you're not used to them
I like mine, by I can't wait until I order a Tremol-no. It will make it so much better!
Quote by pipeisawesome
Me myself, love to use one, but makes downtuning a f****** pain in the neck!

I'm not the person to talk (no Floyd Rose) but I did see something that you can attach to the bottom of your Floyd so that you can downtune to drop D (or whatever) just by turning. EVH uses it.

Sorry, I know i sound like a n00b when it comes to Floyd Roses, I really don't know anything about them.
Nikolas
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
I'm not the person to talk (no Floyd Rose) but I did see something that you can attach to the bottom of your Floyd so that you can downtune to drop D (or whatever) just by turning. EVH uses it.

Sorry, I know i sound like a n00b when it comes to Floyd Roses, I really don't know anything about them.

That only works if you set up your trem to be dive-only (no pulling up) though.
Both my guitars have floyd roses, one has a D-tuna the devic used to instantly go to drop D.

It works great for shows cause it saves time but it basically killed my whammy bar (no range left at all) and it takes more time to setup than it does just to tune, so for practicing it's pointless really.

Overall, like it I said, nice for shows, but I'd say it wasn't really worth it, I didn't buy another... the thing is though is that with most guitars it wouldn't kill your tremolo bar range, it was just on my old squire because the bridge was set down in a body cavity.
I hate it when my floyd rose is in the wrong forum. Does it happen to anyone else?
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by pipeisawesome
sounds pretty awesome
so what its called

Nothing, it's just called blocking it. You can buy something that wedges in that cavity or just use a piece of wood the right size.

And yeah Floating bridges in general are nice to have. They actually helped me learn a lot more about the guitar.

Quote by Hells_Bell
I hate it when my floyd rose is in the wrong forum. Does it happen to anyone else?

No. In fact I don't think that's even possible. Unless you mean a thread on Floyd Roses, in which case you'd be right.
great to mess with, not so great to string and setup
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.