Yeah, so yesterday I was playing a casual game of basketball and fell because my coordination is non-existent when it comes to sports. I was up in the air and got pushed, which ended up with me landing on both my wrists. Long story short, I now have a fractured left elbow and a fractured right wrist. Looks like my guitar playing days are going to be put on hold for a bit.

Well, that's my story. I just needed someone to tell me how unlucky I am...
You're very unlucky.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well, while your hurt. Utilize the part of guitar playing that doesn't involve technically playing the guitar. Like I told somebody in an earlier thread, get a better understanding of theory, listen to a type of music that you don't listen to as often. Many people discover blues, jazz, funk, etc. later in their life.

Just basically do everything you can about playing the guitar without actually playing it.
Nikolas
Why would you look for sympathy here? Everyone here is cruel and unusual. It would ****ing suck to go any period of time without playing. I had to go a month without playing because of surgery. When I was able to play again, I had lost all my chops and my inspiration was gone. Took me a whole month to get back to where I was.
I know. I just wish I had a better story to tell everyone. Why did have to be lame lack of balance and not a valiant battle with a gang of hungry vultures?
Just as a heads up, if a girl asks you how you hurt yourself don't tell her that story.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I know. I just wish I had a better story to tell everyone. Why did have to be lame lack of balance and not a valiant battle with a gang of hungry vultures?

It could have been. This is the internet.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Just some friendly advice:

1. Don't play sports if you suck at them so bad.
2. If you still want to improve your knowledge of guitars but can't play then take some time to learn some theory, learn to read music if you can't allready or listen to different musics to get some insperation for when you're able to play.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Quote by Mik3_182
did u get the foul?

It got called, but my complete athletic incompetence allowed me to only make one free throw.
Quote by Godzilla1969
Yeah, so yesterday I was playing a casual game of basketball and fell because my coordination is non-existent when it comes to sports. I was up in the air and got pushed, which ended up with me landing on both my wrists. Long story short, I now have a fractured left elbow and a fractured right wrist. Looks like my guitar playing days are going to be put on hold for a bit.

Well, that's my story. I just needed someone to tell me how unlucky I am...

This is a good chance to experiment with your guitar sound.

Eventually, I got bored strumming, picking, etc. Standard guitar playing techniques, so I tried to find new ways to play it.

I would lay my guitar on the floor, plug it up, and poke and prod with with my fingers, numerous objects, to see what noises I could get out of it. I took the Sonic Youth approach and started playing my guitar with drumsticks, shoving them up under the pickups. I once put a large chucnk of iron from my dad's shed under the bridge pickup and it sounds cool.

Take whatever movement you can do with your hands and have fun "playing" with your guitar.
Poor advice.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Could have been worse. You could have been sodomized by a giraffe neck.

How is that worse? That shit feel GREAT!

Also, TS, why do you speak of being SHOVED IN MIDAIR as "unbalance"? We aren't ****ing cats. You aren't supposed to land that shit, that's why the bitch shoved you.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
that sucks, man. i'm in the same situation. i broke both bones in both wrists snowboarding last weekend. like ppl have already said, study theory or aspects of music you dont normally look at. take this time to increase your musical knowledge so you'll kick ass when ur hands work again
there's no dolly mixtures in here pufftah!!!
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Could have been worse. You could have been sodomized by a giraffe neck.

That's the right attitude!
Quote by E Daws
Just as a heads up, if a girl asks you how you hurt yourself don't tell her that story.

Tell any girl asking that a truck was about to run over a puppy, and u saved it by pushing it out of the way, so ur arms got run over instead

See?

I might've just got you head right there.

You can pay me back later
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
it happens. we were playing basketball in highschool and there weren't really any fouls or out of bounds... my friend tried to chase a ball out and i shoved him which sent him head first into the wall (accidentally). he was life flighted, they landed a helicopter on our football field to pick him up.

worst part is while he was lying on the gym floor people were throwing balls at him....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
yeah i broke my left hand(my fret hand) last summer and i had to get a cast and it was really hard to play and it hurt but i still played because i went like 3 days without playing and i was going crazy so i just played even though it hurt and i couldn't play as well as i could without the cast, and i had it on for six weeks, another thing that sucks is once you get the cast off(if you have a cast, im assuming you do) your hand will be really sensitive and if you bump it the littlest bit it hurts like hell but i still played