Page 1 of 3
Ok im in a pretty good rock band with 3 other people. We really want to take the band seriously like putting money in to buy equipment, make good songs then start gigging. A few months ago our bassist decides he wants to do some other stuff on the side, a solo act and another band with his friends little brothers. The first guitarist has always been in a fairly big local band that do gigging which i am not bothered with apart from the fact his brother who is also in his big band said he needs to quit all other bands hes in to concentrate on it, he refused and is still practicing with us. That leaves the second guitarist and me, the drummer. The second guitarist has always been the one that takes it seriously and is against people running off to there own little bands that dont have a chance.

Last week the 2nd guitarist joined ANOTHER band with his friends little brothers. I was like 'what the ****, are you ****ing serious' and he said he would end it and concentrate on the band. So i was on the pc just now when he comes online and says 'iv joined luminol' (another band with the first guitarist in it) then i just went ****in crazy and said 'what the **** are you serious, well if nobody seems to give a shit about this band im ending it' he then said he doesnt think our band is serious enough so he joined luminol cause they put money in for stuff (there a ****ing grunge band, grunge died 12 ****in years ago) and he said they'll be gigging soon. I said 'and when they start gigging you'll leave our band, i'll be left on my own and the bassist will start his solo career again' Iv now told him that if he doesnt leave luminol and if the bassist doesnt give up his shitty solo career shit then the bands over.
IM SOOO ****IN ANGRY.
I hear a lot of cases of this where i live. But the band im in, we all have just this band and we play great and tight together. No gigs though because we live in a "If its not metal we arent booking you" zone.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Well, they do have the right to follow whatever musical aspirations they want...

Perhaps you should motivate them and convince them that it's more worth it to stick with your band.
go to bandleading?
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by _Tenacious_
I hear a lot of cases of this where i live. But the band im in, we all have just this band and we play great and tight together. No gigs though because we live in a "If its not metal we arent booking you" zone.

where do u live i wanna move there. Metal is awesome. u suk
Yep, it pretty much fell apart. Time to find/join a new band. Don't be mad though, you were in a band with a bunch of people who didn't want it to be there top concern, it would have been worse if you stayed together just to dely the inevitable break up/disolving of a band that is trying to make it somewhere. Best you didn't put any more energy into it.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
^ Then why bother saying anything? Tosser. (edit: the guy from ohio)

I've got sympathy for you, brother. It takes a while to get the right band, i'm on my fourth band and it's only just starting to come good now.

There ain't no good times without bad times.
That stuff happens all the time, if someones not happy in a band then you're really just wasting time forcing them to stay...
Jeez, I wish I lived in one of those 'metalzones'. Where I live it's 'if it's metal, we're not gonna book you, and if you try to play, we're gonna eat your family'.
I know what you mean. Nowadays if you dont sound like trivium they dont want you. I dont see any good rock bands or heavy metal bands coming out today, infact no good bands at all.
Quote by Vedder=GOD
Ok im in a pretty good rock band

wow, i already think you're a prick...

sounds like you got pwned by ure 2nd guitarist, maybe ure not as good a band as u think u are?
Calm down. Find a new band. There is nothing you can do, so stop complaining.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
man that sucks. Ifeel that a bit cos my and some guys had a proper ok band, and the drummer just quits and he dosnt even give it s*** no more. i was angry for ages.
Good luck with starting a new band!
Quote by Vedder=GOD
Nowadays if you dont sound like trivium they dont want you.

God, you are an idiot. A conceited, selfish, idiot.
LOL
Quote by Atreideslegend
wow, i already think you're a prick...

sounds like you got pwned by ure 2nd guitarist, maybe ure not as good a band as u think u are?

Ok im in a pretty shit band, you think you cant say your a good band? **** off.

Anyway me and my friends are talking about this tommorow. This bands getting sorted. When we get recording i'll post some tracks on UG for you guys to inspect.
Quote by DownInAHole.
God, you are an idiot. A conceited, selfish, idiot.

You think im kidding? Its true, if your not a shitty indy band like 'the feeling' or 'snow patrol' or if your not a ****ed up screamo band like 'trivium' or 'funeral for a friend' (yeh trivium scream thus screamo) nobody wants you. The last new rock song that i like is by a local band in my area and that was the first in about a year.
Quote by Vedder=GOD
You think im kidding? Its true, if your not a shitty indy band like 'the feeling' or 'snow patrol' or if your not a ****ed up screamo band like 'trivium' or 'funeral for a friend' (yeh trivium scream thus screamo) nobody wants you. The last new rock song that i like is by a local band in my area and that was the first in about a year.

The music industry does not revolve around you, nor your musical taste. Styles change, trends change; that's the way it works. And how can you say new bands aren't good when you have Muse in your sig? They're a decent modern band. There's Incubus out now too....hell, there are plenty of bands I know of that aren't "pussy indies" or "screamo." I kind of see why your band is falling apart. You probably jam your jagged perspective on music down their throat.
LOL
Quote by yawn
Well, they do have the right to follow whatever musical aspirations they want...

Perhaps you should motivate them and convince them that it's more worth it to stick with your band.

+1

Or get new bandmembers who feel the same way as you do.

And grunge isn't dead.

And this whole thing reminds me to text my bassist back =/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Vedder=GOD
and if the bassist doesnt give up his shitty solo career shit then the bands over.

How old is he? Why do you call a child's attempt at trying to make music by himself a solo "career"?

Anyway, I think the obvious solution to this is fiery death to all those who oppose your way of thinking.
Happens to most everyone...

Like others said, they do have the right to explore other bands and all...you may be holding them back or they may be holding you back, you never really know.

Cheer up though, it's not like there aren't other people who play guitar and bass in your town.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
grunge died 12 ****in years ago

in not even going to try to debate it cos that statement is just wrong

to the threadstarter:

what were you hoping to achieve with this thread? maybe you post a thread on UG whining about how noone cares about your band then everything is good and happy and your band comes back together yadda yadda BLAH

get off your PC, go out and find soma bandmatesinstead of sitting here getting flamed
Quote by Vedder=GOD
grunge died 12 ****in years ago

Said the Pearl Jam obsessed little boy.

Seriously, get a life, I wouldn't want to be in a band with you either to be fair, you sound like a tosser.

And threads like this suck, they never go anywhere.
Maybe you just suck and they haven't the heart to tell you.

You should be supportive. Granted, it puts you in a awkward and irritating situation, but try and be happy for them.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by DownInAHole.
The music industry does not revolve around you, nor your musical taste. Styles change, trends change; that's the way it works. And how can you say new bands aren't good when you have Muse in your sig? They're a decent modern band. There's Incubus out now too....hell, there are plenty of bands I know of that aren't "pussy indies" or "screamo." I kind of see why your band is falling apart. You probably jam your jagged perspective on music down their throat.

Muse- 90's and nah i listen to them, i havnt wrote any songs for the band yet.
Quote by Vedder=GOD

nooo muse = NOW
Quote by Vedder=GOD

God, you're a charity case. How was that even relevant to what I said?
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
God, you're a charity case. How was that even relevant to what I said?

You cant understand sentences longer than 3 words then can you?

You said - muse-modern
I said - muse-90's
You said -me whiny
I said -me have no say

Comprende Concha

And that guy that said 'No muse NOW' that would be like saying 'NOOO PEARL JAM - NOW'
Last edited by Vedder=GOD at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Vedder=GOD

You said - muse-modern
I said - muse-90's
You said -me whiny
I said -me have no say

Comprende Concha

muse ARE modern

you ARE whiny
Quote by Vedder=GOD

You said - muse-modern
I said - muse-90's
You said -me whiny
I said -me have no say

Comprende Concha

Once again, you proclaim your idiocy. Muse may have formed in the 90s, yes. 1992 if my memory serves me correct, but they just released an album last year and are still on the charts, therefore, making them modern. Anyway, the 90s is somewhat modern, tard. You are an idiot, in all aspects.
LOL
Page 1 of 3