id go for thr PRS myself

from all the ibanezs' ive played and all the PRS', ive come to the conclusion that PRS> ibanez

at least in my opinion
ive been waiting over a month for that prs good luck getting one anytime soon
ibanez rocks
Quote by witrudd
ive been waiting over a month for that prs good luck getting one anytime soon

Solution = Go to guitar center, if there's one near your town. They're affilated with Musician's Friend, and has almost anything they do. And you can try out both guitars if you go there, too.

So pretty much, my advice...go to Guitar Center
Hye while ur at check out a cort, they have alot of guitars around the $600 mark that are awsome.
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
It really depends on the type of music you play. I think the Ibanez S series are awesome for metal. A guy I used to play with (now in a Band called Dead Man in Reno- signed to Candlelight records) played one. He put EMGs and tuned the whole thing down and it was BAD.

BUT. If its for more than metal you could change the pickups and it would be fine. You should really just try it out though.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Well I was actually looking for a guitar that has a trem. My Price range is 500-600 max.

And also, I'm not too much of a metal guy, more towards solos and versatile music. But sometimes I do like to play heavy, but not real heavy.
dude try the ibanez Rg series i bought one but i forgot wat exact number it was RG350 or 70 or sumthing i play anything including sum indian stuff :b
Quote by ovvyiljs
Well I was actually looking for a guitar that has a trem. My Price range is 500-600 max.

And also, I'm not too much of a metal guy, more towards solos and versatile music. But sometimes I do like to play heavy, but not real heavy.

Well, you could change the pickups with ones that suit your style.

And i probably can't help anymore, so yeah...good luck
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
It really depends on the type of music you play. I think the Ibanez S series are awesome for metal. A guy I used to play with (now in a Band called Dead Man in Reno- signed to Candlelight records) played one. He put EMGs and tuned the whole thing down and it was BAD.

BUT. If its for more than metal you could change the pickups and it would be fine. You should really just try it out though.

bad as in good or bad as in bad? >.>

Anyway great guitar, thin mahogany body, ZR tremolo, wizard 2 neck.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
The problem I see with RG series is that I have to take a leap of faith or else I'm not ganna get a quality guitar.

I want to get a guitar that is versatile, and has a tremolo.
At a price range of 0 - 600 maxium. (I was actually aiming for 400ish but I don't think that is going to get me any decent guitar.)

The RG321 (from many UG people's review) is a very good guitar but sadly, it doesn't have a trem.

The RG350/370s have horrible trem people said, therefore I'm trying to stay away from them.

The only RG series that would suit my need is the Prestige which is way out of my budget.

So I thought that S Series would be pretty good for me since people reviewed that they were very versatile and have trem that is not "crap".

If there are better guitars out there (doesn't have to be Ibanez) please do suggest me some.

Thanks
Quote by dudey5691
just throwing it out here...probably not useful

There's a Agile Les Paul copy, that has a FR on it. Not sure which kind though.
They also have a version with the Bigsby FTW...

Quote by ovvyiljs
The problem I see with RG series is that I have to take a leap of faith or else I'm not ganna get a quality guitar.

I want to get a guitar that is versatile, and has a tremolo.
At a price range of 0 - 600 maxium. (I was actually aiming for 400ish but I don't think that is going to get me any decent guitar.)

The RG321 (from many UG people's review) is a very good guitar but sadly, it doesn't have a trem.

The RG350/370s have horrible trem people said, therefore I'm trying to stay away from them.

The only RG series that would suit my need is the Prestige which is way out of my budget.

So I thought that S Series would be pretty good for me since people reviewed that they were very versatile and have trem that is not "crap".

If there are better guitars out there (doesn't have to be Ibanez) please do suggest me some.

Thanks

The S520 is probably one of the best guitars that you can get in that price range that has a locking trem.
-Jimi Hendrix
Yeah it is a good guitar and the trem is ace. For that price i doubt you'll get much better, especially with the ZR trem.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Thanks guys, I will be getting the S520EX.
Because I wanted a trem on such limited budget I had to take away some budget from the amp.

I'm going to be getting Vox AD30VT with the S520. Do you think that's a little unbalanced?
Because the thing with Amplier is you need to take a huge leap of faith and I think Vox AD30VT is at the very edge of "bang for buck, cheap and decent" amp list.

The other I was consider was Peavey Valveking but htat's almost twice as expensive as AD30VT and people have said there was alot of problem with these.

Let me know your input

Thanks!
not to jump of his topic, but are the lower end PRS's like the ones you mentioned good?

Basically are the more like Epiphone Elitist or Squireish?
What are you talking about the RG350 and 370 are great i myself have a 370 and the tremelo is great not as god as an Edge pro but its still good
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

i've got edge pro on my 370 and it rox everyone i've shown it to likes it and i have a friend who really is touchy but the trem nd he likes it.......
Quote by Renfordoggz
i've got edge pro on my 370 and it rox everyone i've shown it to likes it and i have a friend who really is touchy but the trem nd he likes it.......

unless you retrofit and Edge Pro in, the guitar came with an Edge II or III. The problem isn't immediate with those trems. As they age, the knife edges wear out rather quickly because they don't use hardened steel on the cheaper trems. When the knife edges wear, it creates tuning instability because the trem isn't riding perfectly on the posts anymore.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sniff sniff i got the edge pro when i bought it. does that mean i got lucky and it's somewat of a collectors item?!!!
Actually, you might wanna try out the S470. I know they dont make them anymore, but the quilted top is still available for 620$ just 20$ more than your limit. It has a great tremelo(Zero Resistance Trem) and a H-S-H pickup configuration to cover all your tonal bases. You can change the pickups out and be set. However, I would actuall recomend keeping the middle single coil because you can get some great sounds out of it for the twangy stuff
Quote by Renfordoggz
sniff sniff i got the edge pro when i bought it. does that mean i got lucky and it's somewat of a collectors item?!!!

Its an Edge 3.. not an Edge Pro..
-Jimi Hendrix