i really dont know if i should get a guitar w/ a trem or not. my fav bands r gnr, van halen, and recently joe satriani. now i wouldnt need a trem for gnr stuf, but i would for vh and more so satch. but if i get a guitar with a good trem will it make my tone for guns n roses songs worse? c if u understand tht.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Shouldn't make TOO much of a difference. They tend to add a little high end I find compared to say a TOM in a Les Paul, but you wan't notice that much of a tone difference to be quite hoest, and it's not so different that an EQ can't change it.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
satch uses a double-locking trem rite? so if i were to get a pretty good guitar w/ tht do u have any suggestions?
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
well it's not necessary, really the only things you need it for are dropping the pitch, or raising the pitch more than three frets (depending how hard you can bend, you can probably bend atleast 2 tones up, don't know how much, but a trem such as a floyd goes up/down alot more)
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
but if i were to be playing stuff like satriani would a les paul be suitable?
Quote by Seryaph
no, you'll probably really want a FR for satch. ibanez makes a few good S models that won't blow your budget.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Not really no, considering the distinct lack of a tremolo.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by hothead69999
satch uses a double-locking trem rite? so if i were to get a pretty good guitar w/ tht do u have any suggestions?

get an ibanez with an edge tremolo... i think that edge and edge pro are the good ones... i'm not sure, though, so wait for someone who knows more about what they're talking about to back me up... or disprove me...

p.s. Satch uses an Ibanez
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by hothead69999
but if i were to be playing stuff like satriani would a les paul be suitable?

Not really. Even though I'll always be a Les Paul man, there are something things that you can't do with it and vice-versa. In a perfect world I'd have my Les Paul and a Floyd Rose-equipped guitar.
It's just a decision you're gonna have to make on your own.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
thx everyone ill chk some stuff out rite now
Quote by Seryaph
how much are you willing to spend on a guitar?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
well i guess i wana be somewhere from $500 - $700
Quote by Seryaph
Quote by SOADrox429
get an ibanez with an edge tremolo... i think that edge and edge pro are the good ones... i'm not sure, though, so wait for someone who knows more about what they're talking about to back me up... or disprove me...

p.s. Satch uses an Ibanez

edge is amazing, but basically discontinued. edge pro is good, but only comes on expensive guitars. ZR is great too, and might be on a guitar in your budget.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by hothead69999
well i guess i wana be somewhere from $500 - $700

perfect

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS100-Joe-Satriani-Model-Electric-Guitar?sku=519400

i'm not sure what kind of tremolo it has, but it's probably pretty good
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by tubab0y
acutally, the edge pro II is bad.

ibanez S320, no doubt about it.

oh, i knew that wasn't a good tremolo, but it didn't say edge pro II... it just said 'double-locking tremolo'
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath