is it just me, but to non-guitarists, if youre not fast you cant play? Even if you play some proper sweet lick, people in general seem to think it sucks if it aint fast. does neone else find this?
Don't most non-guitarists not care about speed...?

Whatever, most UG'ers are ignorant anyways, so it doesn't really make a difference.
Quote by yawn
^ Nah, that's just in reference to guitarists in general.

yeah, people see someone like Steve Vai and expect that all guitarists should be able to do that
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by pipeisawesome
is it just me, but to non-guitarists, if youre not fast you cant play? Even if you play some proper sweet lick, people in general seem to think it sucks if it aint fast. does neone else find this?

generally people are so surprised that i can muster up the physical effort to STAND UP while playing guitar that they dont listen to what im playing
yeah...i have to say UG in general are some ignorant bastards(not being mean or trying to be mean)

yup....
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
I hate to tell you, but it's the same even for guitarists. If you can't play licks from Dragonforce, you can't play guitar apparently :P
Quote by yawn
Don't most non-guitarists not care about speed...?

Whatever, most UG'ers are ignorant anyways, so it doesn't really make a difference.

No man I disagree! Everyone I've spoken to on here has always been really nice, helpful and respectable.
Quote by gallagher2006
I hate to tell you, but it's the same even for guitarists. If you can't play licks from Dragonforce, you can't play guitar apparently :P

i agree with you...
alot of people on here think that if you cant play scales and shit at high speeds then you arent good at all
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
I personally think that some guitarists are atually worst (mainly those who are into shred). Not anything against shredders, but some of them just tend to believe that playing fast equals being good, whereas a blues guitarist would be more concerned with technique and style.

But yeah, some non-guitarists are ignorant, but then again, so are some guitarists.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by BlackMist
No man I disagree! Everyone I've spoken to on here has always been really nice, helpful and respectable.
You must not do a lot of speaking in the Pit
Quote by cerveza
yeah, people see someone like Steve Vai and expect that all guitarists should be able to do that

I SHOULD be able to do that :P
I cant ofcourse

but the good thing about Vai and Satriani is that they dont JUST shred. They CAN shred but they dont do it all the way through the song yknow.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by BlackMist

That only applies to this part of the site, 80% of the people here are rude, obnoxious, and ignorant.
i think its a good news
play fast is so easy
if you just have to tapping like kirk hammet or or just dive with the tremolo to impress non-guitarist and some guitarist, i think its really great
I don't know, usually if you can play some crappy chord progression ripped from Pachelbel's Canon and then sing some sappy lyrics over it, people will think you're a guitar god. Either that, or play a pentatonic solo.

If you can't sing and play, or play lead, people are gonna think you suck. But if you do something that people know, or something with just a few chords, non-guitarists will worship you. Sad but true.
Well I'm a guitarist and I still don't like guitarists.

Lots of us are pricks, its a fact.

Edit: Irrelevant
Quote by The Casualty
Most guitarists are ignorant as well.

More so Arrogant, I'd think.
Spiral Out
yea, i really can't stand it when non-guitarists talk about guitarists at my school and comment on how good they are in comparison to eachother, and im just like 'how the hell do you ignorant idiots know what makes someone a ''better'' guitar player than another person?' but what are you gonna do, really? its just something you have to deal with in every part of your life. just gotta try and keep from being an asshole to people when they piss you off like that.
personally i wont even play for people at my school if they're like 'Colin! play something!' because i know all the ignorant views they are going to take based on which overrated pop song i do or dont play, so i wash my hands of it.
Quote by The Casualty
That only applies to this part of the site, 80% of the people here are rude, obnoxious, and ignorant.

Why thank you
Quote by GiantRaven
Why thank you
Rude and obnoxious enough to have an avatar that should loop smoothly but doesn't
Guitarists are more arrogant than ignorant.

And the whole fast playing thing isn't true. If it was, shred would be much more popular than it is. But people have the attention spans of rodents, so...meh.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by pipeisawesome

Not at all. Most non-guitarists are impressed by even the most trivial and boring 3 chord song. If you play it with "emotion"
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Not at all. Most non-guitarists are impressed by even the most trivial and boring 3 chord song. If you play it with "emotion"

"olollol, IT is fAst, thereFore I can"T ConneCt to it, TheRefore It lacks SadNess, The Only HuMan EmotIOn LOL!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by yawn
Rude and obnoxious enough to have an avatar that should loop smoothly but doesn't

When I think about it...that is really annoying

-_-
I've found the opposite to be true. No one around here will be impressed if I play "For the Love of God" flawlessly, but the "Holiday" intro will blow minds away.
Quote by pipeisawesome

Are you kidding? I find it's the other way around. Non-guitarists just want to hear their favorite tunes, not your technique.
Quote by pipeisawesome

again its ok you suck at shred some people just done have talent, unlike me.