Ok so I bought a Ibanez RG 4EX1 like an hour ago and I got home and tried dropping it into C tuning, so then the system wasnt "floating" so I tried adjusting the springs, but screws ended coming out and I had to screw them back in. So I figured forget it, now im trying to put it back in standard tuning and everytime I tune 1 string like 10 seconds later its like a whole step down... Has this happen to anyone else? I need a solution to this. I want to play it so damn bad already.

Im not sure if its an edgeIII or a licensed floyd....it just says ibanez on the system.
it will be an edge trem. not sure what model

if i were you you should take it to a tech and get it sorted out otherwise you might end up damaging it.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
If you knew you'd be playing around with tunings you shouldn't have gone for a guitar with a floating trem, especially if you haven't had any experience with that particular trem before.

Look into a Tremel-no.
I dont "play around" with tunings, I bought this guitar purposely for Drop C. I have my other guitars for other and standard tunings.
you know on Floyd rose systems you have to constantly retune when tuning (E then A then E then A the D then E etc etc) until you get it in tune, since added tension on one string reduces it on another
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
String tension always has to balance spring tension on a Floyd, so if you de-tune you need to loosen the springs too. If you were de-tuning as far as C with 9's or 10's then it's likely the string tension was simply too low and there wasn't enough leeway in the trem screws to lower the spring tension enough - stick some 11's on it and see how you go.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
String tension always has to balance spring tension on a Floyd, so if you de-tune you need to loosen the springs too. If you were de-tuning as far as C with 9's or 10's then it's likely the string tension was simply too low and there wasn't enough leeway in the trem screws to lower the spring tension enough - stick some 11's on it and see how you go.

I was told if I dropped some 11's on it, I would need another spring. Im going to try it though.

EDIT: and the guy before steven seagull, I tried it but the thing was coming up from the body and didn't look like the system normally looked.
STOP

Do NOT try tuning into drop C with a ibanez with a floating trem- i nearly ****ed mine up
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yes you can, you just have to make sure it's setup properly. It would be advisable to take it to a tech for a real setup, since you really only want it for this tuning, and you probably won't be changing it much after that. A tech can adjust the truss, action, and compensate with the springs to equal the lower string tension in drop C.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, they have techs. Not sure if it's covered under their warranty service, but it's worth checking up on. A setup shouldn't be expensive anyway however, call around some local shops and get a couple estimates. Ideally it would be nice to be able to watch them do it, so you could do it yourself down the road.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Depends on the tech/person and their knowledge base. Could take from simple 10minutes to an hour, varies.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I do it myself. All you need is heavier gauge strings, most likely another spring and then a few adjustments to the truss rod and action.