looks like a sick metal guitar. its got:

neck type 5pc Wizard II Maple/Walnut Thru neck
body Mahogany body
fret Jumbo fret
bridge Edge III
neck pu DiMarzio® D Activator™ (H) neck pu
bridge pu DiMarzio® D Activator™ (H) bridge pu
thinking of getting one maybe this summer or something like that. here check it out
what are your thought on the edge lll and the guitar itself?
Attachments:
p42463b.jpg
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I think it's neat, but it doesn't look very comfortable. And the Edge III isn't that great, so I've heard.
ya i've heard that also....what exactly is its weak point?
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
ya i've heard that also....what exactly is its weak point?

The knife edges on it wear out more quickly because its built with cheap metals.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
ah i see, that means that it doesn't keep tune right?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
The Edge III is not that great, but it is a huge step up from the other Ibanez budget trems (eg Edge Pro II, TRS etc.). I wouldn't worry too much about the Edge III Trem, I think it wil hold up. Other than that issue it seems pretty cool, I'd consider buying one. The finish is really cool (nicer than the typical black that Ibanez offers) and the D-activator pickups should sound pretty killer.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
I say get the Jackson warrior! (well look into it anyway!) Its only an alright guitar imo.
Quote by jerm__
ah i see, that means that it doesn't keep tune right?

yes.
-Jimi Hendrix
hmmm maybe once it wears down can you get an edge pro or OFR put on?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
I've yet to hear the D Activator's. Word is that they're based on EMG's though.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
D Activators are Dimarzio's attempt at making a pickup that combine the aspects of both active and passives into one. Essentially, they are an active sounding pickup that is passive, think EMGs without the battery.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
^ya thats what i've heard, i'd just like to know if they do actually sound like EMG's. maybe someone who's tried them.....haha back on the edge lll question, can you get it replaced with OFR or edge pro?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
^ya thats what i've heard, i'd just like to know if they do actually sound like EMG's. maybe someone who's tried them.....haha back on the edge lll question, can you get it replaced with OFR or edge pro?

I'm pretty sure you can replace it with an OFR, but not the Edge Pro.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
I'm pretty sure you can replace it with an OFR, but not the Edge Pro.

hmm that seems a little strange though. wouldn't it be closer to the shape of an edge pro than an OFR.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Yes, you can do a direct swap with an OFR or a Gotoh LFR, which is cheaper. The Edge Pro will not fit without rerouting the trem cavity because it is a larger design. And the reason why the dimensions are cloer to an OFR is that that is what the Original Edge and Edge III are based on. The Edge Pro is a newer design by Ibanez.

If you get the guitar play with the Edge III first. If it is properly set up it should be perfectly fine. Only do the swap if you're sure that the trem is the problem.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Quote by jerm__
hmm that seems a little strange though. wouldn't it be closer to the shape of an edge pro than an OFR.

I know, but the edge pro just doesn't fit.
-Jimi Hendrix
alright cool thanks a lot guys
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
what about a jackson warrior VS the ibanez xiphos? what are you thoughts on both guitars?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
regarding swapping out the edge III (if its the same shape as an edge pro 2) with edge pro or FR. at least as far as the Original floyd is concerned, it's pivot post notches are off center compared to the edge tremolos. the OFR will work, but it wont be centered in the tremolo cavity. I know this because i've recently done it. also, with an OFR and edge pro, the bridge locking screws will extend beyond the recess cavity by about 1/4 inch, depending on how your saddles are positioned for intonation.
i don't how the schaller/gotoh floyd's pivot post notches are set, but i would kind on assume that they are off center as well.
if you're interested in swapping out the edge III tremolo because of its quality issues, i would recomend, as far as with direct fitting issues, you go with one of the original edges (pro or non) and have someone grind down the bridge locking screws so that they are short enough to fit inside the recess cavity.
this is what i'm doing. i'll let you know if it works. which it will!!!