If you want to put it on a guitar that doesn't have the right holes yet, it's gonna be a shitload of workd and not worth doing.
You would have to make some holes for some screws on the top of the neck for some lockers, probably a bigger hole for the whole system on the body. Strat whammy systems are much smaller....
you'd have to make sure your strat was properly routed for a floyd rose. If it's not, seriously, forget about it. You don't wanna sacrifice your guitar when you can just buy one with a floyd in it

EDIT when i say routed for a floyd rose, i mean just that, i don't care if you have a strat trem, or a licensed floyd rose. Check according to the specs of the one your buying.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
a paper tremelo?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Installing the ad on your guitar will be easy. Just cut to size and tape it on with masking tape, duct tape, or scotch tape. You could even use coloured tape so it matches your finish.

But seriously, installing a floyd on a guitar that didn't come stock with it is a pain. Just buy a new guitar with one and you'll save yourself lots of sweat and tears.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by teamzaius
Installing the ad on your guitar will be easy. Just cut to size and tape it on with masking tape, duct tape, or scotch tape. You could even use coloured tape so it matches your finish.

But seriously, installing a floyd on a guitar that didn't come stock with it is a pain. Just buy a new guitar with one and you'll save yourself lots of sweat and tears.

and quite possibly money

you need to give us more info on your guitar
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build