I heard Michael Romero the other day and I liked it. He semms technical but also very melodic.

Any suggestions for Symphony X Songs or albums?
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
The Odyssey! That is an awesome album. Full of good epic stuff like "King of Terrors," "Inferno (Unleash the Fire)," "The Odyssey," and many more.
V is magnificent also. Can't go wrong with either of those two. The guitar playing on The Divine Wings of Tragedy CD is good, but I think the compositions are lacking in comparison to The Odyssey and V. I listened to their other CDs. I'd go with V.
I have nothing to put in here.
The Odyssey. Great prog album
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
I was just listening to V earlier, kickass album. You should check that one out.
Divine Wings of Tragedy is awesome. Admittedly, it is the only Symph X album I own, but I really like it. I hear The Odyssey is good too.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
V: The New Mythology Suite is my favourite but for a first album I'd get The Divine Wings of Tragedy or The Odyssey.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by insideac
For songs, DEFINATELY check out Damnation Game. And then Smoke and Mirrors, and Divine Wings of Tragedy

Don't forget Accolade II, Lacrymosa, Egypt, Rediscovery, Sea Of Lies and Shades Of Grey.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna go see what they got at the local music shop.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by Resiliance
Don't forget Accolade II, Lacrymosa, Egypt, Rediscovery, Sea Of Lies and Shades Of Grey.

Yeah but I thought maybe a couple songs were enough :P. But yeah, and Out of the Ashes and Candlight Fantasia as well. Their most beautiful songs <3
Awakenings = ****ING OWNAGE
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
No one mentioned Twilight in Olympus. It's not their best, but Smoke and Mirrors, Church of the Machine, and In the Dragons Den are all good songs.

Btw, has anyone heard the song The Masquerade from the reissue of the Odyssey? I love the long intro and the solo is probably Romeo's best ever.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
No one mentioned Twilight in Olympus. It's not their best, but Smoke and Mirrors, Church of the Machine, and In the Dragons Den are all good songs.

Btw, has anyone heard the song The Masquerade from the reissue of the Odyssey? I love the long intro and the solo is probably Romeo's best ever.

Dude, wtf. Am I crazy or something? There's no way you just posted this five minutes ago. I read this post at least 30 minutes ago or so when I first got online and browsed through the shred forum before moving onto the pit.
i personally like the divine wings of tragedy album
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
The Odyssey is indeed epic.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
hey is ure avatar from kirbys avalanche? cause i love that game
Quote by C.C. Deville
hey is ure avatar from kirbys avalanche? cause i love that game

i never played kirby's avalance but i hear it's based off of this game. it's Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for Genesis.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
yeah its a game similar to tetris for the SNES and the blobs in kirbys avalanche look exactly like those in ure avatar
For songs, I like these most:
Masquerade
Of Sins and Shadows
Out of the Ashes
Sea Of Lies
The Damnation Game
Inferno

(Pretty much his Guitar Chapter video :p )
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
f**k the odyssey!!

Divine Wing or V ftw man!!

odyssey is good but personally there are a few songs that don't really interest me

how about getting their new album