okay ive been very unsatisfied with my Vox AD30VT. and seeing since i really cant go tube right now because of money. im going to sell my vox and pay a little extra and get a cube. no sense in getting tube since im going gigging for a while and when i do gig i use my cousins peavey JSX half stack.

which cube should i get? 30, 30x, 20x? dont say 60 (im not paying that much)
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Depends. If you are just a guitarist for fun, then get a cube 15, but if you are going gigging or doing shows a cube 30 SHOULD (Not saying always mind you) be enough to keep you at a reasonable volume.
I'm not even sure why you would trade them, seeing as how the only advantages of the Cube over the AD30VT are smaller size, marginally better distortion, and a better layout for the effects. But if you insist for some reason, just get a Cube 30.
the cube will NOT be an improvement, except marginally for high distortion metal.

maybe you just dont know how to get the right settings on your Vox?
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
well i REALLY like the distortion on the Cube. to me, all the dist. amp models on the vox SUCK. they do not resemble the original amps at all. the JCM800 amp model is okay but not that great. alos, i do like to crank up a bit sometimes and lets my ears bleed a bit, would the 20x be "loud"? so to speak...
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by voxdude26
well i REALLY like the distortion on the Cube. to me, all the dist. amp models on the vox SUCK.

I think you should save your money for when you're ready to get a proper gigging amp all your own. If better distortion is what you're after, maybe you should get a better pedal than the ones in your sig for the time being.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I think you should save your money for when you're ready to get a proper gigging amp all your own. If better distortion is what you're after, maybe you should get a better pedal than the ones in your sig for the time being.

i dont need a gigging amp of my own right now. i use the jsx whenever i want. he doesnt even play it. he just bought it to have it. (yes he can do that becauase he is RICH) he also has a $3500 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop. but what makes it even funnier is that he CANT play. never tried. just bought gear to have.

all i want a good little amp for home use that has good distortion (which the cube is good for) that can get somewhat loud.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion