I got invited to play Sweet Child O' Mine with my cousins band. Since the tone is what makes that song what it is I wanted to make sure I get as close as I can for when we play. Please tell me what you think of the tone. I know the playing isn't perfect. I'll gladly crit anything you like. Just leave me a link.

Thanks everyone.
www.soundclick.com/magicninja
the tone is very good, but your timing is waaaaay off
Bow down on yo' knees fo' Umphrey McGee's.
tone sounds good but could use some compression maybe to add some sustain....definitely work on the timing....if u can't keep time with a BT a live band will be hell....good luck dude
a little more gain maybe.. and maybe add some delays and sustain too..

crit mine? im also working on a tone test searching for my own tone..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529725
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I didnt like the tone, it seemed..... a little weak,

i cant explain it but, I think try turning up the gain, and turning down the trebble, maybe that will help get it a little more warm
Too weak and not enough sustain.

As people said earlier, increase the gain.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
That's a lot better. It has that crunchy, yet cloudy feel that Slash has in his tone. You've pretty much got it down.

i wouldnt try to hard to dial in the tone. even though yo uget as close as you can it will never sound like slash, the way you play your notes its much different then him. people never understand that tone, is all in the HANDS
Quote by CrazyAxePlaya
i wouldnt try to hard to dial in the tone. even though yo uget as close as you can it will never sound like slash, the way you play your notes its much different then him. people never understand that tone, is all in the HANDS

I understand tone is in the hands. Did you even listen to the clips? I think I'm pretty on myself.
1st Solo: First off, the backing track is far too loud, you can barely here the guitar. The piece itself wasn't bad. There were a few minor timing problems as well as an off-key bend. I noticed that you hit the third note of the solo twice in succession, which personally I don't agree with. There's no need to sound the note out so quickly after previously striking it. I propose you only hit it once and just sustain the note and add some vibrato.

2nd Solo: Most of the same problems as the first, although this time I heard a few more off-key bends.

I think the main problem here is the lack of dynamics in your play. You seem to play as if hitting the notes is the only required objective; it's not. You need to add more expression into your notes, more stylistics in order to heighten the appeal. How long have you been playing?

This isn't a bad cover by any means, but for me, it just screams amateur. I'm not trying to offend you here, I'm just trying to give you a good read on things. After all, this is only my opinion. You've definitely got something here, but I'd like to hear you mix it up a little.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 23, 2007,
I thought apart from the timing (sorry to mention that again), the solo's in general were fine, and the tone was very good. Try and record it when you do it live, I'd be interested to hear it.