just saw a thread on this in the pit. apparently ibanez now has a production 8 string (i'll post a link). im very interested in it but it doesn't say anything about price. does anyone know how much they cost?here's the link
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
is it a guitar or bass??? Me confused for once.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

they are 1,499.99 on samash.com,heres a link http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=301&TempID=2&STRID=19959&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1380&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=30&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

the new jem is on there too,i dont think that guitar is worth 4999.99,some one has already bought one,and left a review on it,but 5000 bux for acrylic,i no its 20th anniversery,and it has special pickups that sound good with the body,and only 200 are gonna be made in the us,but c'mon,some stuff needs to be priced better...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Argh, why!? There is no plausible reason you'd need eight strings. Most people can't even handle six...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
Argh, why!? There is no plausible reason you'd need eight strings. Most people can't even handle six...

There is a "plausible" reason, just because you can't think of one, doesn't mean there isn't one.
Quote by Guitarislife125
There is a "plausible" reason, just because you can't think of one, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Yes it does. My word is law.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
some people can,but i asked why,and most people said for more ariations for chords and runs,and for solo and heavy rythems,and that was only about .5% of people,and the rest of the 99.5% that said sumpthan to me said either b/c rusty colley plays one or the guys from messugah(sp?)...but people will never have an end for how many strings they want,ive seen a 24 string bass b4,the neck was so big,the dude couldnt pick it,it was all double tap,and he didnt use most of the strings....some stuff is jus to out there...but it personal preference relle,so wat ever makes someone happy...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join