yeah, but it would be better to save the money, and put it toward buying a new guitar. There's really no point in putting 60 dollar tuners on a 150 dollar guitar.
Quote by Jimmy94
yeah, but it would be better to save the money, and put it toward buying a new guitar. There's really no point in putting 60 dollar tuners on a 150 dollar guitar.

$250 guitar.
Quote by Jimmy94

why buy a new guitar if you can fix the problems with your current one? i mean, the more expensive one might sound like shit to him
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Are those the same as the Klusons that are normally used on Gibson guitars?

I've had some bad experiences with those.

Get Gotohs or Grovers.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the only thing I am worried about is on the tuners, there is two screw holes to mount them on the head. But the current tuners I have now only have one screw to mount? Would it be ok if I just used one screw to mount them?
Quote by thedude051
the only thing I am worried about is on the tuners, there is two screw holes to mount them on the head. But the current tuners I have now only have one screw to mount? Would it be ok if I just used one screw to mount them?

uh no. theyd just fall off. i hate Gibson tuners anyway. get schaller or something.
Quote by Arlabester
uh no. theyd just fall off. i hate Gibson tuners anyway. get schaller or something.

ahh man...are u serious? Then how do the current ones have now stay on? Darn I really wanted these tuners.
Quote by Jimmy94

very true
+ =
I have Grover tuners on my guitar, and they work great.

And yes, spending any money at all on a $250 guitar is really weird. So what if your parents won't buy you a new one, save up yourself. Grover tuners are about $50 for the three-per-side sets, which is a fifth of the guitar. Not the best way to spend money.
no
Quote by bucky_2300

And yes, spending any money at all on a $250 guitar is really weird. So what if your parents won't buy you a new one, save up yourself. Grover tuners are about $50 for the three-per-side sets, which is a fifth of the guitar. Not the best way to spend money.

yeah grover tuning heads r probably th best 1s available
+ =
Quote by bucky_2300

No, I have my own money to buy the guitar..its just that they won't let me purchase one. So are you guys sure these wont work, and will fall off if I try to put them on?
Quote by thedude051
No, I have my own money to buy the guitar..its just that they won't let me purchase one. So are you guys sure these wont work, and will fall off if I try to put them on?

You'd have to drill new holes.

But those tuners are poor and overpriced, so you're better off .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You'd have to drill new holes.

But those tuners are poor and overpriced, so you're better off .

x2.

gibson plastic crap is what i call 'em.
and yes thes r screw-ons so they would most likely fit know becoz i hav actually replaced tuning heads b4
+ =
Quote by War-Ensemble
and yes thes r screw-ons so they would most likely fit know becoz i hav actually replaced tuning heads b4

Yes, but HAVE YOU replaced your old ones with these exact ones? And di you have to drill new holes?
well, I just want these tuners cuz I am dumb and for some dumb reason i like them. Gibson fanboy ftl. So, would I just have to make new screw holes? I wouldn't have to drill right? I would just screw the screw directly into the headstock? or is the headstock to hared to screw through?
Quote by thedude051

Dude put the same tuners on a Epi LP special, which is about the same asthe LP 100. Its a waste. Those tuners suckass as it is, and putting them on analready shitty guitar is a bad idea. Unless the tuners you got don't work, don't bother.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i still dont understand why you would put these on! they would be no better than the ones you have. your better off with lockings or at least metal tuners.
Quote by Arlabester
i still dont understand why you would put these on! they would be no better than the ones you have. your better off with lockings or at least metal tuners.

To tell you the truth, I have don't understand either. I just like the look of them. So my question is...will they work for sure?
Quote by thedude051
To tell you the truth, I have don't understand either. I just like the look of them. So my question is...will they work for sure?

YOU LIKE THE LOOK OF THEM!? that, is a sin.
Quote by Arlabester

no offence, but i think the real problem is he's going to put them on an epi lp 100
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
no offence, but i think the real problem is he's going to put them on an epi lp 100

no offense? what?

i think either way he should get a new guitar...
Quote by Arlabester

I know, Lord Have Mercy on my soul. I'll say 100 Hail Marys. ...but I just like the vintage Gibson look. I know, I am an evil person.
Quote by Arlabester
no offense? what?

i think either way he should get a new guitar...

I can't!!! I am stuck with this one for a few years.
Quote by thedude051
I know, Lord Have Mercy on my soul. I'll say 100 Hail Marys. ...but I just like the vintage Gibson look. I know, I am an evil person.

your not supposed to take looks over playabiltiy for a guitar, but lord o mighty, tuners?
Quote by thedude051
I can't!!! I am stuck with this one for a few years.

sorry, what?

why is that exactly?

actually it doesnt matter, just stick with your current ... guitar, and keep saving, and in a few years time, youll have a kick ass guitar
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Feb 19, 2007,