I'm not sure if this thread has been done before but my efforts to search it failed so i'm assuming it hasn't. Does anyone play that game called Second Life? Its like a virtual reality world where people live out their normal lives. You can even play live gigs on there with your avatar if you stream it and real people can come in and listen to your music. and they can even leave you actual money. there is this man who looks like a frog that makes about 30 real dollars a show.
The Sims, what? Madness!!??

I have no idea what your talking about, link please.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
i read about that game in a magazine pop. technology or something
looks like a scam
I was talking to a friend about this about 2 days ago.

I've never played it myself but apparently it went to crap. It's supposedly just full of furries and pedophiles molesting avatars that look like children and KKK avatars burning crosses and (this is a run-on sentence, I know) bombs that keep multiplying and knock you off the sever or something like that.

Doesn't sound very fun.
Its only a scam in the sense that you have to actually pay for some things. You can play free if you choose to be a hobo. It costs to buy your own property but you can play live gigs if you get in touch with other people who own venues and they will feature you for free if you are good.
Quote by anOnyMouSanIe
Its only a scam in the sense that you have to actually pay for some things. You can play free if you choose to be a hobo. It costs to buy your own property but you can play live gigs if you get in touch with other people who own venues and they will feature you for free if you are good.

That's stupid, you can just do that in real life.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I play it and in fact have played a show in it. It's really a great way to get your music out to other people if you can make connections in-game. I've also never paid a cent of real money to get what I've gotten in the game, all I've gotten is from tips I made from my performance or stuff I've gotten by finding people who like helping new users.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Quote by Anything Goes
That's stupid, you can just do that in real life.

True, but it often requires you NOT to be a pasty faced geek who lives his life through a computer.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by SharpSpoon
I was talking to a friend about this about 2 days ago.

I've never played it myself but apparently it went to crap. It's supposedly just full of furries and pedophiles molesting avatars that look like children and KKK avatars burning crosses and (this is a run-on sentence, I know) bombs that keep multiplying and knock you off the sever or something like that.

Doesn't sound very fun.

You summed it up pretty well

It's bloody awful, runs really badly for me as well
wait so can you play for free and not like get anything or w/e

i can always uninstall it right
Last edited by xDie_Romanticx at Feb 19, 2007,
And people give me shit for playing World of Warcraft? Damn, never again!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
wait so can you play for free and not like get anything or w/e

i can always uninstall it right

The downside is it sucks
Yeah apparently its free to download and play...you don't have to buy anything. also they say its actually being used for marketing...like companies will test new products out in the game to see how they will sell. weird.

oh and you can go to strip clubs. but you must be pretty lonely to want to pay virtual strippers actual money. as if paying actual strippers wasn't creepy enough.
Last edited by anOnyMouSanIe at Feb 19, 2007,
90% of Second Life is made up of sex clubs and stores to buy penises so you can have pathetic online virtual sex. I've played on there occasionally and joined a fight league. That aspect of the game is pretty cool.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
^Haha it was definitely one hell of a bump. I just knew that if I started a new thread some jackass would say searchbar in the first reply.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.